Hughes

Regionrat1

Wins da Reno tournament dis weekend. Gets da takedown in OT for da win. Beats a ranked wrasler from Wyoming in da final. Ole RED DEVIL rode him like a mule in da third. da cowboy won't be able lift his arm to wipe his butt because of da da chiropratic leason he put on him. Nice win for a region boy proud. 

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, he means that Drew is at a weight where most underclassmen and certainly true freshmen do not come in and see a lot of success.  The lighter weights, while still no joke, have more underclassmen that realize success.

There have been plenty of underclassmen have had success at the upper weights.

7) Drew Hughes, Michigan State over #16 Branson Ashworth, Wyoming

If you like shoulder mobility and victory, don't choose bottom against Drew Hughes.

What Flowrestling had to say on their top 9 upsets of the weekend

Currently, there are 6 true freshmen at 149 or higher in the Flo rankings (including 2 at Hughes' weight of 165 and one as high as 197).  Hughes isn't one of them yet, but they mention in their new notes from yesterday that he's right there knocking on the door.

Currently, there are 6 true freshmen at 149 or higher in the Flo rankings (including 2 at Hughes' weight of 165 and one as high as 197).  Hughes isn't one of them yet, but they mention in their new notes from yesterday that he's right there knocking on the door.

Masa and Valencia are redshirt freshman - a few years ago dare was a local wrasler at that weight who placed second as a true fresh in the big dance -,maybe we gonna get another one

Masa and Valencia are redshirt freshman - a few years ago dare was a local wrasler at that weight who placed second as a true fresh in the big dance -,maybe we gonna get another one

I was counting Massa and Joseph, but the site I was using didn't have all the redshirts correctly labeled. I was way off on everything.

In all of D1 wrestling, there are 2 true freshmen at 125 and 1 at 141 who are ranked by Flo. Hughes would be the 4th overall and clearly the biggest.

I would say in D1 college wrestling - EVERY WEIGHT. (I know your question was rhetorical, but apparently someone is confusing the lower weights in HS with those in college)

They're all grown men weights to a degree; but the average genuine years of time out of high school for the ranked kids at 125 is only 2.5, while that same mean is almost 4 years removed from high school at the upper weights.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.