Mooresville holiday classic

coach123

Mooresville has and will put on one of the best shows in the state year in and year out.  Great gym and the tourney is ran very well.  Too bad the Dog n Suds closed down a few years back.  You still have Gray's though.  Thank you Coach Probst.  Keep the tradition going.

I like em , think BBurg runs away with team Title. With the Errett's involved Wrestling is always in order!!

106- Casebolt

113- Curtis

120- Mills

126- Mulkey

132- Bailey

138- Melloh

145- LEE by TF

152 AydeLott

160- Laughlin

170- Mohler

182- Walton

195- Stewert

220- Scroggs

HWT- Biddle

Teams: BBurg. Ytown. Cathedral. Castle. Monrovia & Jen Cty! Good Luck to All.

I like em , think BBurg runs away with team Title. With the Errett's involved Wrestling is always in order!!

106- Casebolt

113- Curtis

120- Mills

126- Mulkey

132- Bailey

138- Melloh

145- LEE by TF

152 AydeLott

160- Laughlin

170- Mohler

182- Walton

195- Stewert

220- Scroggs

HWT- Biddle

Teams: BBurg. Ytown. Cathedral. Castle. Monrovia & Jen Cty! Good Luck to All.

Errett has moved to Avon and is an Asst. Coach

The Semis have traditionally been during the early part of Day 2.

I don't have the official itenterary in front of me but Day 1 in the past was usually wrestled until the field is narrowed down to the final 8 wrestlers. With Day 2 being the rest of the rounds to finalize the placement.

Edited by MattM

Quick question referring back to seeds. And forgive me if this is basic. Noticed #1 seed in 126 was replaced late by 0-0 record wrestler. Moved #2 up to top of bracket and plugged in substitute as #2 at bottom. Why and how is that fair?

And is a late substitution allowed at all? Since lineups were required so far in advance?

Edited by Novice3708

My understanding is they only adjust 1 and 2 seeds. Seeded wrestlers can not change weight classes, but replacements are allowed.

We are a little banged up from team state and have the flu bug moving through team. As far as 126, we sent in Blake Mulkey for seeding. We had every intention of wrestling him up until our afternoon practice yesterday. He spend more time in the bathroom than the wrestling mat. At that time, I pulled him from Tournament and let the Mooresville AD know. We went with the replacement we had available. Blake was #1 seed and replacement dropped to #2 seed. Hopefully, that explains the rules correctly for this great tournament. Blake isn't wrestling at any weight and is at home sleeping. We definitely aren't trying to do anything strategic. Sorry for messing up the brackets and we wish everyone was healthy. Good luck to everyone!

Snyder

#PainTrain

My understanding is they only adjust 1 and 2 seeds. Seeded wrestlers can not change weight classes, but replacements are allowed.

We are a little banged up from team state and have the flu bug moving through team. As far as 126, we sent in Blake Mulkey for seeding. We had every intention of wrestling him up until our afternoon practice yesterday. He spend more time in the bathroom than the wrestling mat. At that time, I pulled him from Tournament and let the Mooresville AD know. We went with the replacement we had available. Blake was #1 seed and replacement dropped to #2 seed. Hopefully, that explains the rules correctly for this great tournament. Blake isn't wrestling at any weight and is at home sleeping. We definitely aren't trying to do anything strategic. Sorry for messing up the brackets and we wish everyone was healthy. Good luck to everyone!

Snyder

#PainTrain

Yep... hitting #TheCounty hard. We had kids less than 100 percent on Friday and looks like we may be battle the same thing again at our tourney this week. Seems to be a nasty little 48 hour deal.

Snyder

#PainTrain

That all makes sense except for why swap 1 and 2 if not going to change anything else?

Edited by Novice3708

A couple results/upsets I noticed.....

106 not necessarily an upset, but the #1 seed and 14th ranked Overton goes down 2nd round to EVVSS #5 Stephenson.

120 #13 ranked Bealmear has already been put out. This is very surprising. Did he beat out Annakin, or is Annakin still hurt?

At 120 the top 12 wrestlers were all very very good

Bealmear ran into a couple of solid upperclassmen in Rushing from homestead who will be at least a ticket rounder in Ft Wayne and Cox from Mooresville who is pretty solid himself. Definitely nothing for anyone to hang their head about in this weight class. Big wins by Cash with a stick on Cox in the first match after trailing 6-2 and then beating Brycen Denney from Monrovia as well. Cox also let a 4-0 lead turn into a fall loss against Sullivan from Edgewood who looked great all day, giving top seeded Stephenson all he wanted. Probably at least 3 semi state qualifiers that didn't even place at this weight.

Excited for tomorrow. Too bad Mills wasn't healthy, would have been even more fun.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.