Team Rankings: IndianaMat Power Poll

Y2CJ41

what happened to castle?

Still ranked #9 in 3A and #10 overall for DUALS.  This is a power poll ranking, i.e. individual state finals tournament ranking.  Castle doesn't have the individual horses to be top 10 in this type of ranking.

It breaks it down for you how it works. You have points based on ranked wrestlers. 

Southsidedjimmy, When you have a #1 in your lineup it helps a lot.

22 of our 30 points come from Black

4 from Triana

2 from colza

2 from fattore.

Castle has

3 points from #8 casebolt

2 points from #11 Annakin

1 point from #13 Willis

1 point from #14 Mohler

Total=7

It's not a dual meet ranking, it's based off the individual rankings ONLY.

OHHHH...It's yert another totally arbitratry and fictional made up logic used to somehow forecast the strength of a team that projects a message of overall quality based on the performance of one or two individuals....Why didn't you just say so...

OHHHH...It's yert another totally arbitratry and fictional made up logic used to somehow forecast the strength of a team that projects a message of overall quality based on the performance of one or two individuals....Why didn't you just say so...

Also known as the way the IHSAA determines the Team State Champ basically. 

its the ranking for whos most likely to win a individual tournament as a team...

The logic isn't made up, 22 points for the champion is the minimum a champion will earn with placement and advancement points all the way through 8th place. 

Everything is spelled out at the bottom of the rankings in the notes. It would have taken a lot less of everyone's time if you would have simply read the notes at the bottom of the rankings. I'm sorry that I expect someone to read past the first two lines of a page.

Due to this year’s IHSAA State Championship being determined at the individual state finals, we have developed a power poll based off of the IndianaMat individual rankings. This poll will simply give point values to each ranking spot and totals them up for each team.

SouthSideJimmy givin' other Jimmy's a bad name......c'mon man, as #TheCounty people say now.

Our long lost Uncle is beginning to be the voice of reason on this board.... Who knew! We may have to send Jmill back North and bring him down here.

Even trade???

Edited by Mattyb

Our long lost Uncle is beginning to be the voice of reason on this board.... Who knew! We may have to send Jmill back North and bring him down here.

Even trade???

Yeah..had a littell  ; )~  issue at the Glass House recently and had to remedy some cracks in it, like JMILL said would happen ( I should start listening to him more, I kid of course). Worked out ok tho..since it's so frickin' cold in da North I just had LittleJimmy go out in his singlet and repair them with the duct tape remedy Fabio mentioned for ISWA..the cold saved me from sending him to Siberia for proper training and the Glass House got repaired..for now. Win/win.

I like to think I'd pull in more in a trade than just JMILL. Maybe a ClownBaby thrown in too..where's that guy been?

Not sure how the logic is flawed in this formula.   Take the individuals potential to advance along the path in the state toruney and calculate it accordingly.   Seems reasonable.

Now..."SouthSideJimmy", give us your alturnative to this which resolves every sort coming...

Hobart has a strong team.   Castle has a Strong team.   Last weekend produced some of the best duals I have seen in Castle's gym in a long time.   Great early season fireworks for sure.  Having a team drive the entire length of the state to face off with us is a huge sign of respect, and that should go both ways.

Yeah..had a littell ; )~ issue at the Glass House recently and had to remedy some cracks in it, like JMILL said would happen ( I should start listening to him more, I kid of course). Worked out ok tho..since it's so frickin' cold in da North I just had LittleJimmy go out in his singlet and repair them with the duct tape remedy Fabio mentioned for ISWA..the cold saved me from sending him to Siberia for proper training and the Glass House got repaired..for now. Win/win.

I like to think I'd pull in more in a trade than just JMILL. Maybe a ClownBaby thrown in too..where's that guy been?

ClownBaby is here just in time for wrestling season. I've been on a self imposed exile to the Australian outback wrestling kangaroos barehanded. It's the biggest animal I could think of that I could beat without using a weapon of any kind. Was you wanting to talk about my beloved Carmel squad?

What's this trade talk all about? Whatever it is I'm for it

Edited by ClownBaby

My guy!! Miss u man. #ClownBabyCrush

That kangaroo didn't stand a chance.

Haha, thanks man, I love that hashtag, I may need to borrow that soon.

I learned real quick that the key to beating them is to get behind them and grab them by their weak spot, the tail. That and make sure they don't have a spare kangaroo in a secret pocket on their stomachs.

Oh no its back!

Uh, I think you misspelled #ClownBabyCrush

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.