Hobart v. Mater Dei

IU89

Hobart brought a full lineup but did not bring all their varsity starters. We entered the tourney this weekend KNOWING that we were going to have tough matches, That is why we traveled so far. We don't see any of the teams at the castle super dual up north, except BHSS (AL SMITH). We wanted to get out of the area and see different kids. It was a great experience! Mr. Welch ran a great tourney! Hopefully, it was a big wake-up call to our kids to be better prepared. Nice Job to all the teams that competed!

Hobart brought a full lineup but did not bring all their varsity starters. We entered the tourney this weekend KNOWING that we were going to have tough matches, That is why we traveled so far. We don't see any of the teams at the castle super dual up north, except BHSS (AL SMITH). We wanted to get out of the area and see different kids. It was a great experience! Mr. Welch ran a great tourney! Hopefully, it was a big wake-up call to our kids to be better prepared. Nice Job to all the teams that competed!

Mr. Welch....not to be confused with Coach Welch or The Chad. 

Mr. Welch....not to be confused with Coach Welch or The Chad. 

"Dangling" Chad Welch...

For what it's worth, I don't think Mater Dei or Castle wrestled at 100% Varsity either.  I would bet money on it.

Brick

Great seeing you guys make the long trip. You definitely added spice to the six way. Hope you guys can make it again next year.

Btw- I clued in all that I could that it is pronounced "ho-bert"

Was Cosgrove there coaching for Hobart?

Wrong question.

Correct question: was cantu there coaching the wildcats?

Answer: yes he was.

Nope still not able to coach this high school team from last year. Waiting to hear back from administration next year. I'll be coaching with the club and working with individuals. Love the sport way to much to be away. See some of you guys down at state finals should be some good matches as always :)

What's holding you back Mr. Cosgrove? You'd think Hobart would want one of the best wrestlers in Indiana history coaching the team.

Dewey was on of da finest wrasler from da region. Some epic battles he had with Magoo. I hope he will be back out dare he has a lott

to offer as a coach. 

I should be back coaching the high school squad next year. Been working alot and had some stuff come up with the school system. Do not want to go Coach at any other school other than hobart. Have been asked by several other high schools and a few little colleges just not what I want to do. Been with hobart the last 4 years want to continue being the best assistant or volunteer high school Coach I can be. Haha I DO NOT WANT any head coaching job. Love being behind the scene type of guy but.... always on the mat ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.