Purdue vs Iowa thoughts

Curious what people are thinking about Purdue.   

My thoughts on the 34-3 loss. 

1. Iowa strategy is to wear your opponent done, then beat the crap out of them. And they did that. Purdue was competitive in the first period,  but Iowa broke them down, and relentlessly posted takedown after takedown.

2.  Tyler Kral looked decent and spared PU of the shut out.  He sure looks a lot thicker.  He's been hitting the weights.   Could he give Streck a challenge next year.

3. Maybe related to the 1st post,  but a lot of the PU wrestlers look gassed late in the match.   I could see Ersland's frustration on his face.   He wasn't happy with their fight.

4. Iowa is pretty good. Oklahoma State and Penn State have to be real good to be ahead of this team.

5. Best hope for future is Christian Brunner.   He wrestled a good match.   I don't mind seeing guys losing while being aggressive.  He took a risk at then end and almost finished.  Hope he keeps that up.

6. Biggest wrestling crowd Ive seen at Holloway.  Of course probably because Iowa travels well.

7. Lydy hung tough against Gunther.  Would of liked to see him take more shots.  But see #4.  I think hell be alright.

8. Im not seeing any ranked wrestlers from Purdue. I think fair to say another year with no All-Americans.

9. I like Alex Griffins effort.  He's a kid that stuck with it and continues to improve and now is one of the Boilers best wrestlers.

10.  Ersland has had some good recruits, and Im hoping these guys can step in next year.  He's not doing bad, but I thought he would be able to get into the top 20 by his 3rd season.

2. Kral is a senior so it's good that he can wrestle and Streck wasn't forced into the lineup early. It's a big adjustment going from a man amongst boys to a boy amongst men in college.

10. Ersland was a semi-late hire his first year so the recruiting wasn't that good to say the least. His prized class from last year is going to redshirt and be ready for four productive years. You have to realize he is working with much of Hinkle's recruits right now. Brunner, LImmex, and maybe Thornton are guys he recruited.

2. Kral is a senior so it's good that he can wrestle and Streck wasn't forced into the lineup early. It's a big adjustment going from a man amongst boys to a boy amongst men in college.

10. Ersland was a semi-late hire his first year so the recruiting wasn't that good to say the least. His prized class from last year is going to redshirt and be ready for four productive years. You have to realize he is working with much of Hinkle's recruits right now. Brunner, LImmex, and maybe Thornton are guys he recruited.

Didn't realize Kral has been around 4 years.    I should of looked.

Iowa is the real deal - but so are Penn, & Okie State.  Minnesota lost to Okie by the exact same score Purdue lost to Iowa - so Purdue is not alone in there steps to rebuild.  The hiring of the two additional assistant coaches is going to go a long way in improving the Boilermakers.  They know exactly what it takes to be a National Champion - and sure they will be doing what it takes every day.  Their is still a lot of upside for most of the kids on the team - so I am sure you will see much improvement as the year goes on.  When you are Gillman, Clark, or Sorenson - the additional improvement at that level is going to be minor - so excited to see if there are gains come B10 tournament.