Big Results Today?

purdue02

Freshman Silas Allred from Shenandoah won the 170lb division at the "Elwood Elite 8" defeating 2 semi-state ranked opponents in the process. Including Brad Lowe from Greenfield Central. Admittedly, those who are familiar with Silas don't really regard these wins as upsets. However, on paper (current rankings) this would qualify. Quite a few people were taken back by the lack of recognition given this young man coming into his high school years, considering his National accolades in middle school, and defeating multiple state ranked high school guys from Indiana and surrounding states over the summer. I've assumed it's because historically incoming freshman at heavier weight classes don't fare too well. Either way, I appreciate your guys hard work and dedication to Indiana wrestling and realize you can't satisfy everyone. Just think you missed an obvious "hammer" with Silas. Thanks again gentlemen.

Freshman Silas Allred from Shenandoah won the 170lb division at the "Elwood Elite 8" defeating 2 semi-state ranked opponents in the process. Including Brad Lowe from Greenfield Central. Admittedly, those who are familiar with Silas don't really regard these wins as upsets. However, on paper (current rankings) this would qualify. Quite a few people were taken back by the lack of recognition given this young man coming into his high school years, considering his National accolades in middle school, and defeating multiple state ranked high school guys from Indiana and surrounding states over the summer. I've assumed it's because historically incoming freshman at heavier weight classes don't fare too well. Either way, I appreciate your guys hard work and dedication to Indiana wrestling and realize you can't satisfy everyone. Just think you missed an obvious "hammer" with Silas. Thanks again gentlemen.

Who were his wins over? 2 ranked opponents? I had Allred at a different weight. Congrats on a great day

Thank you brother. Silas gained significant size and strength during spring/summer weight training. After football, he cut 8lbs to wrestle a comfortable 170. Making 160 over the summer became a grind. With him still only being 14, we embraced the wisdom of guys who've forgotten more about wrestling than I'll ever know, and chose to focus more on continued size, strength and technique development. His wins yesterday over "semi-state ranked" opponents, were over Brad Lowe ranked 5th at 182 from Greenfield Central & a young man from Elwood. I apologize about not remembering his name and ranking specifics. I was given the ranking info by Silas' coaches prior to matches. Silas majored them both.

Shenandoah is quickly becomes great team.

Very much appreciate the acknowledgement. Yes sir, we are. 7 weight class winners yesterday and 2 kids finishing at 4-1. It's been awesome to be a part of the growth and development of this talented and driven group. Should be an exciting next few years.

Just another hammer from the Mean Streets of Muncie Pal Club . (Bradley, Garcia, Gray, Gonzalez and the list goes on & on) even remember The Champagne Brothers in the Mean Streets training . Great Stuff hearing about Silas off to a great start.

Lol. You got that right brother. Quite a few studs, and future studs got started at the PAL Club. Thanks for the kind words regarding Silas. We always keep an eye on Asa's accomplishments. We went through the roof at the finals last year. Tremendous accomplishment. Keep up the great work on and off the mat and continued success man.

Thank you brother. Silas gained significant size and strength during spring/summer weight training. After football, he cut 8lbs to wrestle a comfortable 170. Making 160 over the summer became a grind. With him still only being 14, we embraced the wisdom of guys who've forgotten more about wrestling than I'll ever know, and chose to focus more on continued size, strength and technique development. His wins yesterday over "semi-state ranked" opponents, were over Brad Lowe ranked 5th at 182 from Greenfield Central & a young man from Elwood. I apologize about not remembering his name and ranking specifics. I was given the ranking info by Silas' coaches prior to matches. Silas majored them both.

If you're referring to jake Wilson of Elwood he is not wrestling this year.

If you're referring to jake Wilson of Elwood he is not wrestling this year.

Thanks for the info brother. I cross referenced your info with Coach Black. Found out the kid Silas beat from Elwood has the last name Morgan is probably their best wrestler other than their 220. The Wilson kid was stuck by our 160 (Josh Gee) last year. Coach clarified that he was told the Wilson kid is playing basketball. I in turn cross referenced the rankings and didn't see Morgan. Apologies about the honest mistake. I guess 5-0 with 3 pins, 2 majors, over at least 2 quality opponents with one being ranked at 182 will have to do . Thanks again.

Welcome to high school boards Perseverance!

Thank you brother! It's a privilege to be a part of. Definitely an awesome tool to network our wrestlers, keep up with the success of so many other deserving kids and programs, and most importantly build solid relationships.

Funny . Not sure if it's my current work in evangelism, or my many years spent in prison prior to God changing my life that developed my probable overuse of "brother". Either way, I'm sure it's appreciated over a Keanu Reeves sounding "dude"! Lol. Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Formerly yes. I walked away from it due to ministry obligations.

Thanks for the clarification.  I, too, was on the fence as to whether to interpret "brother" as Hulk-ish or spiritual. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I, too, was on the fence as to whether to interpret "brother" as Hulk-ish or spiritual. :)

Whatever Sr.! Like you really needed clarification when you hear it from me and see me every day in the wrestling room. But.....I guess by popular demand...........I dedicate this line to all my Shenandoah Radier-Maniacs out there brother! -(in my Hulk Hogan voice).

I had the privilege of coaching Silas last year for the Middle School Indiana team when we went out to Danville Ill and I saw him at the duals over the summer in Harrison WL. I am not surprised he is doing well, he is a great wrestler and an awesome kid. I was surprised he did not make the initial rankings list but I have no doubt he will find his way in sooner or later. Best of luck this season.

Funny . Not sure if it's my current work in evangelism, or my many years spent in prison prior to God changing my life that developed my probable overuse of "brother". Either way, I'm sure it's appreciated over a Keanu Reeves sounding "dude"! Lol. Have a blessed day gentlemen.

Formerly yes. I walked away from it due to ministry obligations.

right on mane...Shenandoah has a very good squad out there and it pains me to say this but they will probably beat NC again...Looking forward seeing your son on his journey..Plus AJ is another man on mission that I'm picking to win it all this year.. Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.