Kyle Snyder Olympic Champion!

MattM

Burroughs was beat in the quarters 3-2. He had the only takedown.

Other guy scored on 2 push out points and a passivity...

Burroughs' takedown was more or less given to him with short time on the clock. He basically got worked.

You would have never known he won if you watched NBC. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't hear them mention the win. Of course typical scant coverage of Olympic wrestling. Always been that way.

He got about as much air time on tv as the Mongolian coaches got for their display. Not enough for him and too much for them. Edited by MattM

Burroughs' takedown was more or less given to him with short time on the clock. He basically got worked.

yea the takedown was towards the end when the guy knew he could give it up and be ok. Not sure I would say he got worked though.

After watching his match before that I thought to myself something about him isn't right. He didn't really look himself at all the whole day.

In the last 12 months he hasaccomplished the following...

2015 World Champion

2016 Big Ten Champion

2016 NCAA Champion

2016 Olympic Trials Champion (defeating the defending Olympic Champion)

2016 Olympic Champion

Not a bad year!

Interesting thing is he didn't win any of the major events he went to in freestyle other than Worlds and the Olympics. He even lost to Goziumov just a few months ago.

Not winning those doesn't mean a great deal right now. Nor are they worth $275,000. ($250k Living the Dream Fund and $25k USOC).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.