All those "National" Tournaments, which one should I attend?

grecoref

Avon is sending kids to Fargo. With this said, y2 is 100 percent correct. I really doesn't make sense to send all of our kids there. Some kids just cannot compete at that level and others are just trying to get healthy. The kids that do not go, will be going to the Grand River Rumble. Those kids have to find a way up there and one night stay. They will get 6-8 solid matches for a minimum investment (as the club pays the entry fee). If the kids want to hang around the next day, then they can get another handful of matches in the individual tourney.

As far as Disney... We went there a few days early to train with Brandon. We flew, got all meals, gear, and hotel (8 nights) for $550. Kids got 13 matches and had an awesome beach day.

Between Disney and GRR, our kids are getting over a half season of matches in.

With all of this said, my son has been injured for the majority of the last year and a half. If he was healthy.... He would be going to Fargo. We would love to see where he stacked up against the best in the USA.

Bottom line is this.... Each family must choose what is best for them. There is no right or wrong in this matter. But.... If we do want to increase our contingency at Fargo... We need to cut cost and better educate our wrestling community about what Fargo is. Here in #TheCounty, wrestling is becoming huge. With this said, I assure you that 95 percent of wrestling parents here are clueless about Fargo. We need to cut cost and promote.

Edited by Mattyb

I got some info about the Fargo trip for team Illinois. Here is what that I have been told:

Fees: $900 for one style and $1,100 for both.

$100 will secure the spot the rest of the money is due at camp.

Fees include: Training camp at the University of Illinois (mandatory), room and board (meals) at camp (in a dorm), bus travel to Fargo, lodging at the Days Inn, $20 a day for meals, entry fees, and gear (two shirts, shorts, two singlets, and gear bag). 

Fundraiser (the biggest difference in our trips): each wrestler is issued raffle tickets. Each ticket cost $20. Each ticket has four numbers. If your ticket matches the daily for drawing (Illinois lottery), then you get $100. Each ticket has 30 chances to win. This fundraiser greatly reduces the wrestlers total cost (in many cases).

I believe that if the ISWA can assign a board member or create a position for a person to recruit our studs, educate clubs and parents about Fargo, and help run a fundraiser, then we may be able to turn this around.

These are the matches Kyle got at IHPO and Grand River Rumble. There is at least 5 state kids in those matches. Plus we were approached by 5 college coaches between the 2 tournaments. Think we had at most $400 in all for both and that includes tournament cost, food, gas and hotel. That is great return on investment!

IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open (09/13 - 09/13/2015)

High School - 148 (-1th)

Champ. Round 1: Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) over () (Bye)

Champ. Round 2: Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) over Noah Lamore (Region Wrestling Academy) (Dec 10-6)

Champ. Round 3: Kasper McIntosh (Portage) over Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) (Dec 3-2)

Cons. Round 4: Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) over Trajan Pruitt (Warren Wrestling Academy) (Fall 2:31)

Cons. Round 5: Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) over Jack Butler (LN wildcat WC) (Dec 5-3)

Cons. Round 6: Mason Smith (ETC Club) over Kyle Hatch (Warsaw High School) (Maj 13-1)

Grand River Rumble HS (07/17 - 07/19/2015)

145 - Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) over Cole Meek (SW Arsenal Blue) Fall 3:49

145 - Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) over Gabe Makin (Team Stomp) Dec 8-7

145 - Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) over Jason Montgomery (Team Gladiators) SV-1 4-2

145 - Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) over Cody Griffith-Smock (Funky Monkey Green) Maj 12-4

145 - Mason Smith (ETC) over Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) Dec 10-3

145 - Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) over Kolt Radaz (Michigan Pitbulls) Dec 10-3

145 - Kyle Barkovich (MI West) over Kyle Hatch (Indiana Elite) Dec 5-0

Grand River Rumble Open (07/18 - 07/18/2015)

High School - 145 (-1th)

Champ. Round 1: Kyle Hatch (indiana elite) over () (Bye)

Champ. Round 2: Kasper McIntosh (Portage) over Kyle Hatch (indiana elite) (Dec 5-2)

Cons. Round 2: Kyle Hatch (indiana elite) over Adam Bolyard (Renagades) (Maj 11-3)

Cons. Round 3: Kyle Hatch (indiana elite) over Luke Hawk (Avon high school) (Fall 0:23)

Cons. Round 4: Dylan Stocker (Rumble Free Agents) over Kyle Hatch (indiana elite) (Dec 5-3)

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.