Disney Duals (AAU Scholastic Duals Community 1 Div)

A pretty good showing, after bracket placement..........

4 teams still wrestling in 1-16 Placement Bracket (all 4 back at it tomorrow)

- Brownsburg Purple in finals with a record of 12-0

- Perry Meridian will place 3-6 with a record of 10-2

- Team Balboa (Columbus East) 1 round from placement

- Penn 1 round from placement

4 teams still wrestling in 17-32 Placement Bracket (all 4 back at it tomorrow)

- Avon in semi Finals

- Bloomington South 1 round from placement

- Carroll Chargers 1 round from placement

- Warrior Elite 1 round from placement

1 team still wrestling in 33-39 Placement Bracket

- Brownsburg White will place 3-6

Edited by warsawwrestling

Hatch was Lee's replacement as of last week, think Wednesday. But there is no wildcard here...giving up a state champ for a semi-state qualifier.

Just hope they let Kyle ride in the same plane with them and not put the little sloth in a cage in baggage!

Something tells me he can hold his own!

Can anyone tell me the prominent college coaches they see recruiting out in Disney?  Or point out the nationally ranked wrestlers at this tournament?  Not state champs, but nationally ranked wrestlers?  I know both are there, I'd just like to know who.  Thanks.

So you want to question coaches like Snyder, Tonte, and Schoettle about the validity of this event? There must be something about it where the top teams routinely come.

I know I saw Lanham of Duke there, but I didn't go around looking, nor was I in the stands either.

Well we were too busy wrestling 13 times to scour the stands for recruiters. I know the team we had in the finals had a few nationally ranked kids and the all star division was full of em even from IN. While we are asking questions Mr. Hull can you tell me what ever came of the list of kids who possibly didn't fulfil the two qualifier rule? Thanks!

For the record, I'm not trying to attack Disney.  Disney is not the cause of our state's demise.  Disney is great for team building and a vital component to building that bond all the great school programs have.  But of course most people in Indiana choose Disney over Oklahoma...definitely more of a vacation feel versus the business of Oklahoma for individual athletes. Still, it is our attitudes towards summer training/competition I have the issue with and that is no secret.  Disney just so happens to be the tournament that falls around the time frame.  A few years ago it was New Orleans.  I just want to know who all these nationally ranked kids are and what college coaches/schools are out there recruiting?  That is all, no bad blood, and still interested.....

As far as this song goes, I never saw this infamous list but I did hear there were 3 total kids that slipped through out of however many total participated.  I don't know how accurate this number is, who or where they came from, or the consequences with these athletes...but I didnt lose any sleep over them.  Instead I'm happy for alllll the other athlete's who not only followed the rules but came out and participated.  I'm sure some folks on here will blow it up and use those three kids to criticize the ISWA but whatever.  I would wait for an official answer from the higher ups before crucifying anyone but now everyone has an idea.

Again, I'm just interested in who is out there at Disney is all.  I see Rob Koll (thanks DLane) and a coach from Duke so far.  I know there are plenty others, as well as nationally ranked kids. I'm just interested in who else.  Best wishes to our Indiana teams, coaches and kids out there.  I'm certain everyone will do well!!

Edited by Coach Hull

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.