Indy 500

EFuqua

If you're looking for a driver to support in this years Indy 500, Sage Karam in the #24 Gas Monkey Garage car has a wrestling back ground.  His father is the head wrestling coach at Liberty High School in PA.  Several articles about Sage reference how much an influence wrestling was for him and how this past winter being an assistant under his father helped him through a difficult time.  Wrestling and racing, lots of connections there. The most obvious for me being legendary racing family the Kinsers.  Any others?

Karam came to workout with us the last couple of summers when he had some free time.  He is a good dude....with a pretty good outside carry!

Two summers ago, he emailed us to say he was going to be in town driving and was looking for a place to wrestle.  Since I'm not so up to date on my racing knowledge, I was more excited about having a guy from Nazareth HS, PA in the room to train with us over the summer, than having a racing guy in the room.

It did become apparent that he was someone in the racing world when he had to cancel having lunch with me one day because his manager is also the manager of some chick named Taylor Swift and she was in town so he had to do stuff with her.

Sage is also cousins with Luke Karam who won 2 state titles in PA and signed with Lehigh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.