Fargo Bidding

TripleB

Anybody know how the bidding for Fargo goes? A birdie told me that Louisville Ky is actively trying to get Cadet and Jr. Nationals to be moved to Louisville. This would be awesome. I know Louisville has bid for NCAA's at least once. 

So to all you old timers that are in the loop, does Louisville have a chance?

This may not answer your question, but here is what I do know.

USAW completed a site inspection and spoke with the folks making the bid last year.

Many/several state federations have expressed concerns regarding travel costs to Fargo. Not all states can take a bus. Flying into Fargo is difficult and expensive.

Housing costs would be a major concern for the state federations. Also, is the venue within walking distance from the housing, if not how do they transport the athletes to the venue.

Support staff is also a concern. Fargo has developed a huge volunteer base. There are a few people working tables who have been there since it moved in 1994. Can Louisville provide enough support staff to make this work and it's more than just table help.

Food service...where do the athletes, coaches, volunteer mat and pairing officials eat. Will they deep fry everything including the salad like in Fargo?

I just heard it was going to be at the Convention Center. They have 2, The Kentucky Exposition Center and The Kentucky International Convention Center.

The International is right in the middle of downtown Louisville, so hotels and restaurants are everywhere, but cost might be an issue. 

The Expo is on the Kentucky State Fairgrounds, it's outdated a bit, but closer to UofL which might be an option for housing?

The convention center downtown is closing in August for about 2 years for total renovation and expansion.

Louisville's downtown has become a really nice. There is not much in the way of food options at the convention center at the fairgrounds.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.