New Foxcatcher Doc on Netflix

The film reminded me of a Jonestown Documentery (Jim Jones Cult) I've watched before. You are watching the happy home video moment (which are great), but the whole time having have that bad feeling in the pit of your stomach because you know it's all starting to go to hell and you can't do anything to stop it.

Edited by MattM

Just watched it last night. Way better than the motion picture!  I got choked up a couple of times, especially when Coach Hump broke down.  You can totally feel the love those guys had for each other, and the creepiness that seeped through DuPont.  The compassion that Danielle Schultz showed for DuPont at the end speaks volumes about the kind of people they were.  Everyone must see it!

anybody know why Mark didn't make an appearance?

May have been contracted out from the Foxcatcher Motion picture that he wrote the treatment for, to not be allowed to do any other Foxcatcher related projects for a certain amount of time.

Or with all the well publicized issues Mark was having with how the final version of the Foxcatcher Motion Picture portrayed him, he may not have been to interested in being part of another project where he didn't have some control over.

Edited by MattM

• 3 weeks later...

anybody know why Mark didn't make an appearance? 

Dave's wife, Nancy, addresses that in this interview:

She also said this in the comments section of the this article: "With all do respect, a little research would have been helpful. Mark Schultz and my family never lived at the Foxcatcher training center at the same time. You have taken a fictional account from the movie Foxcatcher as fact. The actual time lime of our lives is quite different. Mark Schultz was there for a brief period, less than a year while training for the 1988 Olympics. Dave and I arrived with our children in July of 1989 and remained until Dave’s murder in Jan. 1996. To tell our story at Foxcatcher had no overlap with Mark."

this was all covered by the great Tom Clark in his personal experience, knowledge and recap story after seeing the movie. 

Its in a different thread and I am certain someone more computer savvy than myself can find it and put the reference into this thread.................I am too busy tracking down BigDan and sifting thru names provided for double checking & verification.

I was not aware that Du Pont fired all the African American wrestlers... money speaks volumes ... i know that USA Wrestling was hurting financially but i was still surprised to find out that USA Wrestling didnt think something was wrong nor did they want to severe ties after that... Hindsight is 20/20 but wow...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.