Westfield coach Terry O'Neill

It's with a mixture of sadness and happiness that I am sharing the news that coach Terry O'Neill is stepping down from his position at Westfield. His reasons are familiar and positive: to spend more time with his wife and kids. While I consider him a close friend, I also respect him immensely as a coach and mentor. He took Westfield from a mediocre program to one of the most consistent teams in the state, year in and out. If you know the man at all and don't like him, you'll be the first I've met in that regard. Congratulations to Coach O'Neill for all his coaching accomplishments, which are numerous, and for all the young men he helped mold and mentor. I know the latter means the most to him.

Congratulations, T.O., on a great career. Very classy individual who did things the right way. Win or lose, he was showed great sportsmanship to my staff and my kids. He is one of the few coaches I actually liked running into at various tournaments. Enjoy your time with your family. You will be missed, big guy. 

-Coach Wilkinson

Southmont Wrestling 

Coach O's positive impact to wrestling in Indiana and Westfield cannot be overstated... all while being one of the most humble men you will ever meet.  

He is a fantastic father, mentor, and teacher who, no doubt, will always be involved with wrestling in one way or another.  

Thanks for all you've done and I wish you continued success in all your future endeavors Coach O!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.