Trying to Get Wrestling in our Jr. High

swright8201

Hello,

My 12 year old twins and some of their friends started wrestling in a club in the next school district because it isn't offered at their school.  Initially they were using it to stay active and to help keep conditioned for football but they have developed a love for it. North Central (Farmersburg) has not offered wrestling since the 80's and some other moms and I are trying to change that.  We thought we would start with the Jr. High and then try to get it at the high school.  Unfortunately our school corporation is struggling financially.  This is my first year as a wrestling mom so I am not sure where to start to get this going.  We would appreciate any information we could get. 

Thank you,

• 1 month later...

The Archer Funds would be happy to buy uniforms for the team.  I don't live close enough to help on the coaching side, but would be happy to help put together a plan for practices and help with some solid drills that will help with the basics.

I have my father's notes from every year he coached and had practice.  He detailed out every move, technique, plan for practice, etc.  I would be happy to share that, it still works today.  We use it at the Westfield Elementary group and it makes the kids have good fundamentals.

Thanks,

Troy Patton

317-581-1776

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.