thoughts on site venue for ISWA Folkstyle State?

indypharmd

Can't imagine the time and effort it took to coordinate one massive weekend experience at Warren!

Kudos to the WC staff, volunteers and ISWA staff!

As we all start to rely on TrackWrestling for events, a big chokepoint for parents/coaches is having a good wireless data connection (wifi/cellular data). It felt like the fieldhouse at Warren was a giant Faraday cage where no radio could penetrate (at least with AT&T and Verizon).

I wonder if anyone across this great state could work out a deal with an ISP/telco/etc. to provide adequate bandwidth to patrons of this event? Either as sponsorship or "paid plan" or roll it into the cost of the tournament. So, if bandwidth/bars would not be a chokepoint, then you could more easily go to first available mat set-up more easily, if desired, yada yada yada....

Nice place but need Janitors at the event.. One guy who I will not mention had 3 sheets and had to ask the guy in the next stall to hand him some paper.. The man replies " You got to be joking ".. No joke need paper .. And he obliged..

Nice place but need Janitors at the event.. One guy who I will not mention had 3 sheets and had to ask the guy in the next stall to hand him some paper.. The man replies " You got to be joking ".. No joke need paper .. And he obliged..

tumblr_kp5kh2douI1qzafipo1_400.jpg

Could you spare a square? 

Maybe more custodians.  When I am not officiating, I work as a custodian.  Most of the time, custodians who work on weekends during sports events volunteer to do it.   Sometimes, it is mandatory.  The schools decide how many are needed per event.  At any meet I go to, I always try to thank the custodians, not because they do a job hardly anyone would do, but because I am one of them, too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.