Boycott Freestyle State

Sig40

The Jeff wrestler in question didn't wrestle, she was pulled from the tourney,  good job picking on a blind second grader, sleep better tonight guys!

No skirting of the rules there, so let's move on to the other 21 kids you guys want to rip apart. 

If she was pulled how did she score team points?  Good job playing the disabled card.  Anthony Robles would be ashamed of you.  

My location is not the issue.  Everyone following the same rules is the issue. 

Actually since you are in Florida it really is the issue. You don't have any skin in the game...unless of course you're skirting the rules and bringing a Floridian to ISWA state?

Kind of cool that people care so much to follow from other states. The funny thing is that there is talking about following other states, but there is an uproar about how Freestyle and Greco are down the most since the 1950's. Mainly because of the amount of qualifiers. So who is it that we should be following (state wise), instead of trying to lead the way? Let's keep arguing about it and chasing our tails. Asking people to come to meetings 2.5 hours one way, because you can't figure out the issues that people have brought up on this board is childish. Everyone here, for the most part are waist deep in wrestling. Your argument is as valid as when officials answers to complaints or questions, is to say become one. So, coach high school, help with middle school, coach little kids club, get kids around to RTC's, be an official, volunteer at ISWA, than figure out how to work 40-50 hours a week, fit in my daughter's activities and get divorced cause I would never be home!

I feel your pain man, I coach elem, ms, HS, run Club, do rankings on here, coach w Outlaws, coach w ISWA, coach Varsity Football, have a daughter, Mrs 3B is in military and she was just in TX for a month. I still try to find time to make one meeting or make sure my club has a rep at one meeting a year, usually the annual in Sept. When I have issues I contact Jason Miller, or Danny Struck, or Louis Rosbottom, or I email Trina or Lauren at ISWA office. Venting and complaining on here won't solve squat. Become part of the process.

I agree that most of the time being a part of the process does help! I disagree that bringing up issues on a forum is a bad thing! It created a lot of talk, ideas and information to think about. There have been at least 3 ISWA members that I know of involved in these conversations and someone stated others that have read them. There are plenty of chefs in the kitchen and they all love their recipes and seem defensive and believe in their way or that it's headed the right way. Some are and some seem not to be.

Tripleb, not sure of what help you have down there but it is slim pickings in my area. Either people cannot pass background checks or people don't want to invest time. 1 other person that helps in each of the areas, except high school we have 3 there (during season). I also work 12 hour shifts at night, 4 nights a week. I know boohoo, but that's not why I put it on here I did to express that I don't have the time.

you deflect by pointing fingers, rarely do you have suggestions, keep on trolling man. 

I have had one suggestion that I have repeated several times.  You and others are too busy trying to provide cover for god knows who that you and others have yet to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

Let the record show..BigDan has met his 2 qualifier mandate and is now a proud resident of Indiana per his updated avatar info and provided his participation in registered events checks out of course. His voice must now be heard. Please stop and say hi when boarding the spinning teacups at Holiday World. I took BigDan as more of a "North" personality type ...you think you know somebody. Close enough to attend some ISWA meetings too!

Deflect away!

#OffSeasonProblems

Pretty sure that Tecumseh doesn't even have an ISWA club. I would like to know which club Dan is affiliated with so that maybe we can open some communication lines between his club and the ISWA . Hopefully that may help him with his concerns. Let us know which club you are affiliated with, and I will be sure that JMILL will do a great job communicating with them. Heck... I bet that he would be willing to go down there to address your concerns face to face (if you can not attend a meeting yourself).

Just trying to put names and faces with screen names. That tends to add validity to questions or concerns. Otherwise the people that do not hide behind screen names, just consider you a TROLL!!!

So the issue isn't kids participating at state without enough qualifiers, but instead the location of a poster on here.

Not at all all. Please go back and look at all of my post. I typically stay positive, offer up solutions, and help our youth as much as I possibly can. Like Mr. Hatch and Triple B I spend countless hours, and tons of my own money to help as many kids as possible to be the best that they can be. And yes... I have a smoking hot wife that I choose to spend time away from to help our youth (she is the best). I do so expecting no payback or acknowledgement from the wrestling community. I can honestly say that I have never accepted a dime for any coaching or team leading that I have done.

With all of that said, I really appreciate what guys like JMill, Louis Rossbottom, Nick Hall, Danny Struck, and countless others do for our kids. As I stated above... I try to stay positive, but to have a nameless, faceless, troll ripping these great guys and their efforts gets under my skin.

Back to the topic.... Don't talk about it... Be about it. We know that certain people aren't happy. Now we need actions to right the ship. I was at state to talk to the higher members of the ISWA. The funny thing is that not one other person was there to do the same. If this is truly an issue that we all feel passionate enough about it, to write 16 pages on a message board... Then let's step out from behind our keyboards or phones and make things happen.

Matt Brewer

Edited by Mattyb

The 2 qualifier rule is not working as we can tell by numbers..

People have skirted around the rule...

The ISWA has made a mockery of its own rules with waivers and last minute events..

Has the ISWA sent out a survey or a poll to clubs to ask why in their club there is a drop in freestyle?  We assume its coaches or time and many other things, but do we have any data to show the reason why there is such a dramatic dropoff from folkstyle to freestyle?

My location is not the issue.  Everyone following the same rules is the issue. 

FYI..............I love Holiday World !!!!!.......my family takes a vacation there every year, maybe we will see you there ????

This makes me think of all the political debates that we've been watching the past months. Lets avoid the questions by deflecting and yelling "squirrel"; while we're at it, lets do character attacks as well to discredit those asking the questions. Don't know if anyone intentionally cheated the rules, but clearly there has been collusion and boasting about said actions within the ISWA organization, not very constructive guys.

So you see no issue with people being allowed to skirt the rules? Just curious, I might be one of the few that am not a big fan of it so it seems.

Instead of addressing the issue you are concerned with the location of someone that posts on here.

Yes, I agree there is an issue. I have offered to take our thoughts to the ISWA. I want to help make things right.

And again, my concern is an anonymous person trolling and ripping great guys. I was just wanting to see where he is, so maybe we can get a rep in his area to help him with his concerns. Again, trying to help solve problems. JMILL has clearly offered to meet with the guy. See... JMILL is an awesome guy that is just trying to help. JMILL is a doer!!!

And I do agree with Dan.... AJ is absolutely right.

Edited by Mattyb

Will we ever hear the results of the "Freestyle 21"? I'm guessing if they all did attend the 2 qualifier mandate it will be shouted from the rooftops...but if even 1 slipped thru, we will have nothing but crickets and it will be "move along, nothing to see here." And I'm not calling out any kid or demanding names and not asking for a J'ville lynching...just a "yes there was an oversight"...or "you all are idiots, everybody followed the rules" and move on.

I guess I miss seeing BigDan or almost anybody ripping anybody. It's just a matter of fairness and "above board-ness".  The questions raised seemed to be able to be answered by a simple Yes/No etc but instead it does appear to be deflection and calling out those raising questions/issues. If the anti-qualifiers are "bashing volunteers and kids" by asking pointed questions of rules application, then the "pro-qualifiers" are doing the same by shouting "whiners and complainers" to those raising issues/concerns.  Acceptance is the 1st step to recovery as someone said on page 2-3 of this book. FS numbers and depth are down..let's admit it and proceed on.

Agree with ClanCampbell...it's like the political process. There is middle ground, it doesn't have to be winner/loser, right/wrong.

I was at state as well. I did not voice my concerns/opinions as I did not know that was the venue to do so. I would have loved to have seen an invite to a town hall type gathering of the volunteers and constituents to hash things out. I figured they were busy running the event so I did not try to corner anybody. That would be one suggestion/idea for improvement for JMill and MattyB...there are 2 events that don't have to be a board meeting scenario but more a state of the ISWA gathering where it is already convenient for constituents because they are already there! I agree that it would be very beneficial to put faces to names, but it works in reverse too...I wouldn't know many of the volunteers if they came up and bashed me in the face for being a whiner/complainer. Approachability might lessen the keyboard warrior and empower them to come out from behind the screen, much like less bashing might occur to the volunteer who comes out from behind the Wizard of Oz like curtain. I am sure everyone involved and volunteering is in it for the right reason and great guys, just like those of us asking questions and raising concerns are also ok people and not chronic whiners/complainers/trolls.

Off tangent..MattyB provides a great offseason topic thread idea....Name that IndianaMat Poster! Since this is the InterWebs and anonymity is taboo (sarcasm) maybe we come up with a random 20 handle poster names and submit who we think they are...winner gets a cool IndyMat hat or something. I'll start....Fabio is actually former Pacer center Rik Schmidts..he's just trolling us with that size thing.

Edited by UncleJimmy

And for the record I was the guy working at the gate taking all the crumpled up dirty money and placing wrist bands on all the sweaty people at FS/GR state at the main door.....The dirty money and sweaty comment is because I have clearly have a non diagnosed OCD and have to keep everything around me clean at all times to the point that I don't even like shaking hands with people or taking the communion tick tack at church from the bowl..............so this job is my therapy and I am trying to "get outside my bubble". 

I am about 5'6" and could stand to lose a couple of pounds that I must have put on over the winter (thanks for not noticing), and have short hair beginning to gray slightly. 

By this description everyone should be able to find me and feel free to sit and chat with me at any time about anything they want. 

As a matter of fact I let Fabio Jr yell at me for about 45 minutes straight and I believe he feels better today for it (Coach Snyder told me this is his preferred method of dealing with Fabio also...........kind of like letting him wear himself out).   

etc_elephantroom50__01__630x420.jpg

This AJ guy has the right idea.

I've addressed the elephant in the room over and over, you are a troll. You hide behind screen name and take pot shots at us. 

The whole wording of skirting the rules or being allowed to skirt the rules is a joke. You all are making a mockery of our state. 

The whole wording of skirting the rules or being allowed to skirt the rules is a joke. You all are making a mockery of our state. 

I have only posted a few things on this topic, but I do not understand how stating that the rules have been skirted is a joke?  Who is making a mockery of our state... the people asking questions and pointing this out or the organization that changes rules and then allows people to not follow rules?

Our state organization put something into place to help clubs make money, not to help grow the sport.  It did not work.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.