285 State Finals - #1 Shawn Streck (Merrillville) vs. #6 Robert Samuels (Lawrence North)

KarlHungus

i owe everyone on this message board an apology. I looked selfish and ungrateful last night. Being frustrated is no reason to act the way I did. I apologize and appreciate the support through out my careere. Thank you

Great recovery! Best of luck in the future, I am sure it will be fun to watch!

Keep in mind , Samuels is a 198 lb Heavy weight , Try putting a bulldozer on your back and see how easy it is to get up. Robert had to use a lot of strength and energy not to get turned . Not to mention a ton of Heart. Great job Robert for going out and giving more in that match than anyone gave you credit for before that match. 

i owe everyone on this message board an apology. I looked selfish and ungrateful last night. Being frustrated is no reason to act the way I did. I apologize and appreciate the support through out my careere. Thank you

You are correct, that is how you came off.  It wasn't a good look.  But you are a competitor, a human and everyone makes mistakes in how they handle situations in their life.  Yours was just magnified in front of a crowd and TV.  But for you to sit back, realize it and acknowledge it to mostly faceless individuals on a message board tells me you get it.  You just slipped a little.  Keep your head up and enjoy your accomplishments as you move on to the next phase of your life.  All of life's lessons teach us to be better people and there isn't a person here or in that crowd that hasn't done something they would like to have done differently.  

You are a champion and no one can take that away from you.  Just remember that rarely does success in life come solely from within yourself.  There is always someone (team, coach, parents, etc.) that help you get to the point to allow you to do amazing things.  Rely on those people and work your ass off and many more great things will come!

Hard to believe that this was a Hwt match. These 2 guys put on one heck of a match with a ton of action that's not normally showcased in Hwt matches.

For the fan on here that wants to throw out jokes about Samuels bein on his belly most of the match, here's something to think about.

Streck was "supposed" to come in and just thrash everyone in his path, and for the most part he did. Then he runs into Samuels in the finals who physically gave up quite a bit of weight to the #1 Hwt recruit in the nation, yet still managed to get a couple escapes, took a couple shots in on the purple hulk and near the end of the match, did what no one else has been able to do, which was put the big man on his back(couldn't hold it). I'd say he put up a valiant effort in my opinion.

Streck, thank you for your classy post in regards to your actions. It takes a hell of a man to own up to a mistake. You're a class act and best of luck to you at Purdue.

Hard to believe that this was a Hwt match. These 2 guys put on one heck of a match with a ton of action that's not normally showcased in Hwt matches.

For the fan on here that wants to throw out jokes about Samuels bein on his belly most of the match, here's something to think about.

Streck was "supposed" to come in and just thrash everyone in his path, and for the most part he did. Then he runs into Samuels in the finals who physically gave up quite a bit of weight to the #1 Hwt recruit in the nation, yet still managed to get a couple escapes, took a couple shots in on the purple hulk and near the end of the match, did what no one else has been able to do, which was put the big man on his back(couldn't hold it). I'd say he put up a valiant effort in my opinion.

Streck, thank you for your classy post in regards to your actions. It takes a hell of a man to own up to a mistake. You're a class act and best of luck to you at Purdue.

Just shows that the quality of our Indiana wrestlers top to bottom are getting better

Samuels is dangerous. He has heart and will be back under the lights next year. So proud of him. That place exploded when he threw Streck.

I've had the pleasure to meet Robert Samuels and he's a fine young man. He and my son wrestled at National duals last summer. He's a great competitor. Shout out for not backing down in such a high profile match. You did great!

Jacob's mom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.