Middle school PAC

Numbers are way down for most teams we have wrestled.  Heritage Hills only had 12 wrestlers, North Posey only has 8, Tell City was low.  This concerns me as a Fan of the sport.  Our team (Southridge) has 26 wrestlers but finding them matches has been a huge problem.  Are all the PAC teams low on numbers?  Are kids simply burning out do to club wrestlng?

I didn't think Tell City's numbers were too low...we have 22 kids with some weight classes having 2 or 3 kids. You guys did beat us pretty handily but our numbers are finally on the rise for once. Just gotta keep our club programs going strong! Our biggest problem is getting the basketball coaches to stop their season in time so that they can come out for wrestling if they are interested. Everybody wants to keep the good athletes to themselves instead of sharing with us haha!

I do agree that numbers are down around a lot of programs....with our SIEWC league starting so early, I can't keep kids motivated come February/March.

See you guys Thursday!

Do these schools have very good feeder/club programs in place? Usually it's a good indicator of a decent club/program in place, when you have good numbers for a middle school(for smaller schools). Big schools will always have decent turn outs just based on school attendance #'s. We've always had a decent sized school, but our middle school numbers have been pretty good since I took over the club several years ago.

Can only hope the high school coaches can help find some dads to get a club/feeder program started and headed in the right direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.