Coaches pay on Saturday

Blane Culp

Just got the email from IHSAA, if you do not have a wrestler participating on Saturday, the coaches will have to pay to get in.  Wrestlers will not have to pay though.

Coaches get wristbands for Friday.  Then new ones for Saturday only if you have someone participating.

You can't let every coach and wrestler in Indiana get into the state finals for free.  However, any coaches that had wrestlers compete on Friday should most certainly get in free for the remainder of the event.  That is ludicrous.  I understand that the Field House is in it to make money, but WTH.  That's when IHSAA pays a bit extra for all coaches whether they come back on Saturday or not.  I have heard everything now!  I almost can't believe that this is true. 

You can't let every coach and wrestler in Indiana get into the state finals for free.  However, any coaches that had wrestlers compete on Friday should most certainly get in free for the remainder of the event.  That is ludicrous.  I understand that the Field House is in it to make money, but WTH.  That's when IHSAA pays a bit extra for all coaches whether they come back on Saturday or not.  I have heard everything now!  I almost can't believe that this is true. 

Didn't say anything about the wrestlers, but if a coach is willing to bring his wrestlers down, let him in. I don't think it would be that many. Nice little reward for hard work through the year.

Edited by munges

Just had another email reply to clarify everything.

Straight from the email.

Coaches of athletes who do not advance to Saturday will receive a complimentary ticket. This can be picked up in the main lobby at the coaches will call. You must provide a photo ID. If you plan to attend both session II and III on Saturday, you must receive a ticket before each session from the will call.

Just had another email reply to clarify everything.

Straight from the email.

Coaches of athletes who do not advance to Saturday will receive a complimentary ticket. This can be picked up in the main lobby at the coaches will call. You must provide a photo ID. If you plan to attend both session II and III on Saturday, you must receive a ticket before each session from the will call.

Nice job Culp on poking the bear! This actually makes sense.

You can't let every coach and wrestler in Indiana get into the state finals for free. However, any coaches that had wrestlers compete on Friday should most certainly get in free for the remainder of the event. That is ludicrous. I understand that the Field House is in it to make money, but WTH. That's when IHSAA pays a bit extra for all coaches whether they come back on Saturday or not. I have heard everything now! I almost can't believe that this is true.

A coach who didn't have a wrestler make it to state and a coach who has no wrestlers beyond Friday night are the same in my eyes. Neither have a wrestler competing on Saturday. Every head coach should receive a complimentary ticket. When was the last time Bankers Life was sold out for any session?

Nice job Culp on poking the bear! This actually makes sense.

Haha hey I read the email, and asked my AD about it so he contacted the ihsaa to find out. He originally called it WW3. Haha. But later tonight they resent one back to him fixing their statement.

I just wanted to make sure everyone else saw that and was not surprised when they got their Saturday

I don't like the fact that the IHSAA charges The kids that don't make it past sectionals.. I like to keep my team together for support, watching great matches and learning from them ect. I understand State but regionals and semi state? The team kinda falls apart after sectionals. I'm trying to build the sport up and IHSAA just wants a dollar.

I don't like the fact that the IHSAA charges The kids that don't make it past sectionals.. I like to keep my team together for support, watching great matches and learning from them ect. I understand State but regionals and semi state? The team kinda falls apart after sectionals. I'm trying to build the sport up and IHSAA just wants a dollar.

Can you imagine though 14-20 kids per school in the stands at semi-state? That wouldn't leave much room for paying parents if you think about it.

The state finals is a single tournament regardless of the fact that it is over a two day period. You do not see coaches with wrestlers that get put out the first round of regionals or first two rounds of semi state having to pay to watch the remainder of the tournament. This is ridiculous. The coaches and wrestlers have earned their way into the state tournament.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.