Tsirtsis

Wondering what you guys thought of the short match? Thought he was back on track with the win over pantaleo and a nice TF. Then gets tossed in the last 10 secs to loose to short. Just looked gassed or unengaged last 30?

Wonder what the turnover and turmoil at NW this year has done to the morale and quality of that room.

Well I knew he lost his sister and best friend too I'm wondering if it's all just piling on. Hoping the best for him. Hate to see a young kid that's a good kid like him have to go through all of that and try to compete at the highest level. Hopefully he can balance it all and focus. But man it would be hard to do.

The fact is, even when he's competing at his best, he has a small sliver of room for error. It's statistically improbable that he's won so many close matches throughout his career. And yet, he has been able to win nearly all his matches because he is so tough defensively, and more importantly, so tough-minded. Any distraction or injury makes him vulnerable to losses against tough guys. Losses to Short and Cimato aren't that huge a deal, but they clearly illustrate his need to be in top form to beat his better opponents. He still has time to get focused. Not sure he, or anyone else, is beating Retherford this year.

I think Dean's loss to Boyd is as bad or worse than Jason's loss to Short on a last second attack.