Evansville Semi State Preview Preview

TripleB

Me and the crew of pickersImmyowngrandpa.jpg are working feverishly to get the preview article together. Shooting to have to Y2 by tomorrow night. 

As always:  

The Charles Barkley “Turrible” Draws - Ticket round matches that shouldn’t be happening in the ticket round!

The Barry Horowitz Best Curtain Jerkers - Best first round matches!

The Built Ford Tough Locks - Unanimous Champion Selections (all 5 votes).

Ford Fab 4 - After picks were gathered, points distributed, and the dust settled, we’ll have the Ford Fab 4

And some other built in surprises!

Edited by TripleB

As some of you know, I work at the arena for management and, being an avid wrestling fan, this is my favorite event of the year. Some info directly from the Ford Center for all of those attending.

• Parking and general information about the arena can be found at www.thefordcenter.com
  • Wrestlers can enter the arena at 7:30am for weigh ins. Wrestlers and coaches will enter at the interior ticket office lobby (to the far right of the main lobby doors) to check in and head back. You will pick up your credentials here.
  • The only coolers allowed are for wrestlers and must enter at the check in table through the interior ticket lobby. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK for anyone else is allowed inside unfortunately. Not my rules, just standard building policy. 
  • Public doors open at 8:00am CST. Enter on Main Street through the main lobby. We will look to create a separate door/entrance for those that already have tickets.
  • There is NO onsite parking. Please do not have any team vehicles attempt to park in the loading dock or attached outer lot. These are reserved spots.
  • There is no public Wi-Fi. 
  • Tickets are $10 cash at the door. Premium loge seats are available for purchase now and on event day. They are $40 pre-event and $30 if you show up and want them day of. They include a $15 concessions voucher.There is an ATM in the lobby if you need to get some cash out.
  • Please do not jump over the dasher walls to access the floor. They try to control access to the floor, so you need to enter from the lower level hallway under section 103. You wouldn't jump the wall at Banker's Life would you? lol
  • The hospitality room for officials, etc. will be in the Corner Club. Enter from the main lobby and hang a right at lower level hallway.
  • If you are going to set up a camera please do not have the cord running across the aisle. You will be made to unplug any cords running across an aisle.
  • We will have full concessions available throughout the day. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available all day as well. (get the bbq pork nachos, huge and awesome)
  • There is no smoking on or in the Ford Center property, this includes e-cigarettes.
  • Brackets will be updated throughout the day and posted on several of the 170 or so TVs located all over the arena. The brackets end up kind of small, but hey, they are everywhere and pretty cool.
  • Lastly,if you are a wrestler that loses please don't kick,throw,or punch Ford Center property. We had a kid break off a door handle last year.Sent the bill to the school.  

That's all I have for now. Please let me know if you have any questions. And if you see an extremely good looking guy with a radio and Ford Center shirt running around all day that's me, say hi.

Edited by markio

As some of you know, I work at the arena for management and, being an avid wrestling fan, this is my favorite event of the year. Some info directly from the Ford Center for all of those attending.

• Parking and general information about the arena can be found at www.thefordcenter.com
  • Wrestlers can enter the arena at 7:30am for weigh ins. Wrestlers and coaches will enter at the interior ticket office lobby (to the far right of the main lobby doors) to check in and head back. You will pick up your credentials here.
  • The only coolers allowed are for wrestlers and must enter at the check in table through the interior ticket lobby. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK for anyone else is allowed inside unfortunately. Not my rules, just standard building policy. 
  • Public doors open at 8:00am CST. Enter on Main Street through the main lobby. We will look to create a separate door/entrance for those that already have tickets.
  • There is NO onsite parking. Please do not have any team vehicles attempt to park in the loading dock or attached outer lot. These are reserved spots.
  • There is no public Wi-Fi. 
  • Tickets are $10 cash at the door. Premium loge seats are available for purchase now and on event day. They are $40 pre-event and $30 if you show up and want them day of. They include a $15 concessions voucher.There is an ATM in the lobby if you need to get some cash out.
  • Please do not jump over the dasher walls to access the floor. They try to control access to the floor, so you need to enter from the lower level hallway under section 103. You wouldn't jump the wall at Banker's Life would you? lol
  • The hospitality room for officials, etc. will be in the Corner Club. Enter from the main lobby and hang a right at lower level hallway.
  • If you are going to set up a camera please do not have the cord running across the aisle. You will be made to unplug any cords running across an aisle.
  • We will have full concessions available throughout the day. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available all day as well. (get the bbq pork nachos, huge and awesome)
  • There is no smoking on or in the Ford Center property, this includes e-cigarettes.
  • Brackets will be updated throughout the day and posted on several of the 170 or so TVs located all over the arena. The brackets end up kind of small, but hey, they are everywhere and pretty cool.
  • Lastly,if you are a wrestler that loses please don't kick,throw,or punch Ford Center property. We had a kid break off a door handle last year.Sent the bill to the school.  

That's all I have for now. Please let me know if you have any questions. And if you see an extremely good looking guy with a radio and Ford Center shirt running around all day that's me, say hi.

Awesome info! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.