2016-17 IHSWCA Team State Qualifying Scores (FINAL)

maligned

I believe one of the key pieces of the reason they were included decided to transfer. Coach P did not feel it was right to attend after that.

That's right. There was a last-minute rule addition that gave points to transfer-ineligible underclassmen who had previously advanced to at least semi-state. It was largely Carmel questions that instigated the rule, they got a few points because of it, and they later went on to earn enough points for voting consideration by a very slim margin and ended up voted in. When the family of the kid who got those transfer points announced they're moving again, Carmel surrendered their spot since they wouldn't have reached consideration without the points.

That's right. There was a last-minute rule addition that gave points to transfer-ineligible underclassmen who had previously advanced to at least semi-state. It was largely Carmel questions that instigated the rule, they got a few points because of it, and they later went on to earn enough points for voting consideration by a very slim margin and ended up voted in. When the family of the kid who got those transfer points announced they're moving again, Carmel surrendered their spot since they wouldn't have reached consideration without the points.

This stuff is why I made my earlier point. Fix the schedule and do it the right way IHSAA and quit "full nelsoning" the IHSWCA.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.