Big in state Dual Sunday

Should be a fairly even match, with each team having a several holes, and a few top 20 guys. I can see this match going down to the wire. With either team winning. I do not see any bonus points, unless backups come into play. Indiana wrestles at Iowa Friday, and Purdue has a rest day. That may come into play.

Have weapons been determined yet for the duel? :-)

I know, just couldn't resist. Should be an interesting match!

Sorry, one of my pet peeves too. HA, after post couldn't edit topic.

Edited by Disco

Assuming lineups are whole and starters are in place...

Oliver major Thornton 4-0 IU. Oliver a solid favorite, Thornton could keep it as a decision

L. Welch dec. Shepherd 4-3 IU. Welch is coming off the best win of his career, Shepherd has done a good job this year of minimizing damage

Weaver Dec. Sabatello 7-3 IU. This is a 50/50 match, but Sabatello has just not been competing at last year's level at all

Griffin dec. Blanton 7-6 IU. Another pick em. Both should compete at NCAAs and are dangerous

D. Welch dec. Danishek 9-7 PU. Could be bonus for Welch, but Danishek could pull the upset, too

C. Welch major Martin 13-7 PU. Welch could nab a fall here

Jackson dec Morrissey 13-10 PU. Jackson favored but Morrissey coming on strong

Lynde dec Wilson 16-10 PU. Lynde wrestling well lately

Stein dec Masengale 19-10. Nice to see Stein competing this year

Kral dec Goldman 22-10 PU. Could go the other way

I think Blanton will get the win over Griffin. That is a 6 point swing, 19-13 PU.  I see 197 as a toss up. At 157 Danishek is a real strong wrestler, could be an upset. But again Indiana has to fly to wrestle Iowa Friday night, so Purdue will have the rest advantage. (thanks Dingo)

I don't think the beat down was to much of a surprise. Jackson with the loss was, other than that, Duane throwing a 197 lb'r Fletcher in at heavy. For what reason? IU will need everything they got to beat Purdue today.

Edited by Disco

Honestly, both teams looked like crap. Neither team seemed up for the match. IU usually doesn't look up for anything but Purdue does. Purdue looks beat down which is really bad timing. Goldman should be fired or retire soon so that's a plus.