Jay county regionals ?

BearCatNation

Why are most people picking Busse over Perry? Perry has beat Busse the last two time they have wrestled.

Multiple reasons. Perry hasn't dominated by any means, it's hard to beat a guy 3 times when it's a close comparison of course, and personally like to see the back and forth state tournament match ups

Edited by Baguba139

I'd say 106,195 and 160 will be fun to watch!I thought Ivan had Busse pinned in the semis at sectional in that cradle....I'd like to see Schumm upset Maddox and I still believe that Baumgartner is gonna beat Evans.

baumgartner with the regional title in my opinion

I think alot of people are over looking baumgartner. I believe he beats evans in a good fashion if evans even makes it past round one. if you look at a finals match between baumgartner and maddox in the finals i think baumgartner wins in sudden victory. 

I think Maddox will be too much for anyone this Saturday. He's very dominating and his offense is deadly

true but baumgartners build, size, and strength will be a problem especially his build. His style of wrestling can be compared to like a 152 pounder. he is the best athlete in his weight class and will be a three sport varsity athlete as a sophomore. and if he can control the match work his defense and set up his shots he's got it in sudden victory in my opinion  

106: Curtis (Yorktown), Miller (South Adams), Zadylak (Norwell), Mosser (Adams Central)

113: Stephenson (Yorktown),  Wills (Muncie Central), Liter (Adams Central), Shoaf (Bellmont)

120: Hunt (Yorktown), Mendez (Bellmont), Mosser (Adams Central), Sanders (Jay County)

126: Becker (Bellmont), Barr (Yorktown), House (Delta), Cooper (Muncie Central)

132: Gunsett (Bellmont), Richardson (Delta), Dudelston (Jay County), Wilson (Norwell)

138: Coy (Delta), Rutter (Yorktown), Brown (Muncie Central), Macklin (Adams Central)

145: Laughin (Yorktown), Gutierrez (Bellmont), Green (Delta), Beeks (Southern Wells)

152: McCormick (Yorktown), Bates (Adams Central), Leonhard (Jay County), Laughin (Bellmont)

160: Busse (Bellmont), Perry (Southern Wells), Hemmelgarn (Jay County), Fox (Delta)

170: Gray (Delta), Baumgartner (Bellmont), Hummel (Jay County), Ashley (Adams Central)

182: Kohler (Jay County), Hankenson (Bellmont), Pease (Delta), Hicks (South Adams)

195: Maddox (Daleville), Baumgartner (South Adams), Evans (Delta), Schumm (Adams Central)

220: Pier (Yorktown), Brunner (Adams Central), Hare (Jay County), Butler (Bellmont)

285: Schumm (Adams Central), Shaw (Bellmont), George (Delta), Adney (Blackford)

Jay County:35

Delta: 21

Looks like Yorktown and Bellmont will be the 2 teams battling for the Regional title with Delta nipping at their heels if they have a great day...

Yorktown and Bellmont both look to have a finalists in 7 or 8 weight classes...  Any early upset, 1st or 2nd round, could completely eliminate someone from contention or propel them to a team title...  

Yorktown looks very solid for 5 champs and Bellmont looks very solid for 2...  120, 160 and 170 are very huge weight classes for Bellmonts title hopes.

I think alot of people are over looking baumgartner. I believe he beats evans in a good fashion if evans even makes it past round one. if you look at a finals match between baumgartner and maddox in the finals i think baumgartner wins in sudden victory. 

How about you worry a little bit more about wrestling next season and a little less about talking up your ex teammates =). Baumgartner is VERY solid but has yet to beat someone on Evans level. If Baumgartner gets a offense going it will be interesting.

Any sectional finals rematches that are locked in for the regional finals? I'll start it off with Laughlin/Green going at it again along with Coy/Rutter. Also, any rematches at all that could swing the other way? If so, how?

Edited by DelCo

Great day of wrestling with some major/minor upsets. Not going to lie, wasn't very proud with how one certain wrestler handled himself after a finals loss. Wrestling is a sport with classy men. I was always taught to carry yourself with the upmost respect for you and your opponent. That being said, I could try and understand his frustration without seeing it from a negative point. Any other opinions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.