2016 SAC Preview

Major Ursula

More than Northrop and Luers combined

So you will get more than 2 of the Bottom 3 in the SAC?(6th Northrop, 7th Luers). Regardless you are talking about one team with 8 wrestlers and the other with only a few above .500 wrestlers. With that room? You better get more than 5. Well I hate to be "cheeky" but c'mon now? Will Carroll get a placer out of your "Super Charged" roster? Tell me whom? I might be Admiral Archer next year I just like the names.

Y2 the sectional brackets would just give me a better vision to see a route in predicting how many guys from the SAC go to state

Not all state level wrestlers go to state.

It really only matters if you can win your Regional. Other than that it doesn't matter at all if you get 2nd, 3rd, or 4th at Regional. It is just going to be luck of the draw. So knowing your Sectional should have no real bearing it is more important to know if the wrestler can win the Regional.

Now if what you are saying is you want to know what all wrestlers are in that weight class in the 2 Sectionals that feed into your Regional, I can buy that. But you should probably already know that.

Yes every year there are plenty of kids that belong at Bankers that will not go.

It really only matters if you can win your Regional. Other than that it doesn't matter at all if you get 2nd, 3rd, or 4th at Regional. It is just going to be luck of the draw. So knowing your Sectional should have no real bearing it is more important to know if the wrestler can win the Regional.

Now if what you are saying is you want to know what all wrestlers are in that weight class in the 2 Sectionals that feed into your Regional, I can buy that. But you should probably already know that.

Yes every year there are plenty of kids that belong at Bankers that will not go.

Your quote makes me think of last year when Laughlin ended 4th at Rochester Regionals and won Thee Merrillville Semi-state. Guess I'm saying none of it matters, because if your name is still in the top 4 at the end of the week you are moving on!

Is this posted somewhere?

Just emails from Robert answering questions that were asked! They are being as open as always!

So you will get more than 2 of the Bottom 3 in the SAC?(6th Northrop, 7th Luers). Regardless you are talking about one team with 8 wrestlers and the other with only a few above .500 wrestlers. With that room? You better get more than 5. Well I hate to be "cheeky" but c'mon now? Will Carroll get a placer out of your "Super Charged" roster? Tell me whom? I might be Admiral Archer next year I just like the names.

We have high expectations for each and every one of our wrestlers. Our expectations aren't advertised on messageboards, they are kept within the confines of our wrestling room. Our expectations go beyond conference titles and being the best in Fort Wayne or Allen County. We have 14 wrestlers that have proven this year they can battle with the best in the state. Each and every wrestler knows their ability and they are chomping at the bit to start the fun part of the season. 

We have high expectations for each and every one of our wrestlers. Our expectations aren't advertised on messageboards, they are kept within the confines of our wrestling room. Our expectations go beyond conference titles and being the best in Fort Wayne or Allen County. We have 14 wrestlers that have proven this year they can battle with the best in the state. Each and every wrestler knows their ability and they are chomping at the bit to start the fun part of the season.

You begat this forum I believe to discuss wrestling and especially the lesser known. My job is to promote my wrestlers because they are all late starters save for Woenker. You have to take care of home first. There was a time being the best in Allen County or Fort Wayne meant you could wrestle with not only anyone in the state, but anyone in the country. My job is to get us back there by any means necessary. Besides whilst thinking I'm just talking and running my mouth I'll go one step further: this is the last year we will be taken for a joke. The level is raising across the board. I'm not the only one on Fort Wayne who is upset about the conference. Some of them have deeper pockets than I. I'll leave it at that. Edited by Major Ursula

You begat this forum I believe to discuss wrestling and especially the lesser known. My job is to promote my wrestlers because they are all late starters save for Woenker. You have to take care of home first. There was a time being the best in Allen County or Fort Wayne meant you could wrestle with not only anyone in the state, but anyone in the country. My job is to get us back there by any means necessary. Besides whilst thinking I'm just talking and running my mouth I'll go one step further: this is the last year we will be taken for a joke. The level is raising across the board. I'm not the only one on Fort Wayne who is upset about the conference. Some of them have deeper pockets than I. I'll leave it at that.

Bad sensei in The Karate Kid had three phrases:

Sweep the leg

No mercy

By any means necessary

Mr. Miyagi humiliated him in karate kid 2. In Rambo 2, Rambo buried a rifle butt in his stomach.

Sequels were rough on that guy.

Amazing you say it's about the kids yet you always insert "my" and try to make it about you.

Earth to the major, it's not about YOU.

My just means I support. I consider Carroll yours. I consider Eastside Boomers. All of them. I consider Bellmont LittleVito's. I consider Northside Rico's and Tony's. Snider is Mike's. That's how I view it. Warsaw is Brooks. East Noble is Weimer's. New Haven is Harley Barrand's. Huntington North is Neil Tuesh and Mr. Shipleys and Nicky Bauer's. Ossian is Chuck's. Rochester is Clint's. Jimtown is Rod Lone's. Brownsburg Nicky Dubz and JMills. Warren Central Mr. H and Mr. Pruitt........

Bad sensei in The Karate Kid had three phrases:

Sweep the leg

No mercy

By any means necessary

Mr. Miyagi humiliated him in karate kid 2. In Rambo 2, Rambo buried a rifle butt in his stomach.

Sequels were rough on that guy.

Malcolm X actually coined the phrase. But that's not funny though. It's not about violence. It's about commitment.

Warsaw has been given back to the kids......Ford/Brooks is now Penn and UFC

I also agree it's not about the "my" or "coach". Its about.......

The Pursuit

For the longest time - I got it wrong...

I thought the ultimate achievement in wrestling was to win a State Championship...

It is not.

The ultimate achievement in wrestling is to prepare a young man for his life by having him become the best person he can become by acquiring the "Qualities of a Wrestler" while in pursuit of a state championship.

Acquiring these qualities is more important than winning a state championship.

They are what is needed to become happy and successful in life.

These qualities are acquired during the pursuit and not in the winning.

It is in the pursuit that a kid transcends into a man.

It is in the pursuit that a kid is prepared for what life will bombard him with when he becomes a man.

It is in the pursuit that this sport is at its finest.

Winning a state championship doesn't teach these things.

The pursuit does.

It is setting a goal that is more than you think you can ever achieve and then achieving more than you thought you ever could.

It is in overcoming any and all obstacles that may be in your path in pursuit of that goal.

It is in the agony of learning how to "figure it out" on your own.

It is in making the necessary adjustments even after "You figured it out."
The hard adjustments which will require supreme sacrifice that will only make a small difference. Which will happen to be the difference between winning or losing.

It is in working endlessly and seeing no results; and still continuing to work because your will is stronger than everyone else's doubt.

It is in learning that one man with belief is worth a thousand with only an interest.

It is in failing miserably and very publicly in front of your peers and everyone who is important to you. It is in learning to master the concept of "Again" - the ability to muster up a little more when the world would understand if you quit.

It is in not achieving your desired goal, after a very long hard season, one in which you bled to do so. To then make a personal decision to work even harder for another season with absolutely no guarantee of success.

It is in the knowing that you did everything that you could to achieve your goal and the understanding that sometimes that will be enough, and sometimes it won't.

You can't control that.

All you can control is to be as best prepared as you can.

It is in the understanding that when it magically is enough, that you are humble because you know the feeling of being on the other side of the win.

And when it is not enough you know to dig down and inspect and analyze your performance because there is something within the loss that you need to learn to help you achieve a future bigger goal.

And you find it.

And you turn a weakness into a strength.

And you keep doing that until you have no more weaknesses.

This is the process of becoming a man.

Many wrestlers who went on to win a state championship are now jerks.
Many wrestlers who took 2nd, 3rd or never even placed have become great people.

So it is not winning the state championship that is the difference.

It is what you take away from this great sport that is the difference.

It is in the pursuit.

If ones idea of achievement is to win a state championship then logically there can be only 1 winner per weight class throughout the state.

There is not.

Because the real winners in this sport are the wrestlers who acquire the traits which will be necessary for their success and happiness in life.

And those traits all can be found in the pursuit.

www.johnapassaroblog.com

So the Celtics aren't My Team? Snider is not My school? The Bears aren't my Team? You are the one who said we would never reach any level of influence. That's why I stick with My Guys.

I'm assuming you meant that for someone other than me? I wasn't saying anything about you or your team! The only team I referenced was the statement I made about Warsaw!  I will answer how I feel about your statement and say NO they are not as you put it "my team".  Do you own them? The school? For example I work for a hospital, wear the clothes with their name on it. Do I own it? I put countless hours in at work. I teach people how to live with illnesses they have, how to change their lifestyles to improve their health.  All sound important and kind of like coaching.  Not sure if the hospital I work for will let me say the patients, or the floor I work on are mine or "my people"!

The second part was a blog post I posted that I thought expressed how I feel about what a coach is.....let me restate that......What I hope I am continuously working/teaching the kids towards while I coach!  I do want them to be winners and champions, but the overall is to give them those skills to use the rest of their lives!

I'm assuming you meant that for someone other than me? I wasn't saying anything about you or your team! The only team I referenced was the statement I made about Warsaw! I will answer how I feel about your statement and say NO they are not as you put it "my team". Do you own them? The school? For example I work for a hospital, wear the clothes with their name on it. Do I own it? I put countless hours in at work. I teach people how to live with illnesses they have, how to change their lifestyles to improve their health. All sound important and kind of like coaching. Not sure if the hospital I work for will let me say the patients, or the floor I work on are mine or "my people"!

The second part was a blog post I posted that I thought expressed how I feel about what a coach is.....let me restate that......What I hope I am continuously working/teaching the kids towards while I coach! I do want them to be winners and champions, but the overall is to give them those skills to use the rest of their lives!

I was talking to Y2 but I get your point. When I say My Club I own it. A parent whose son I train in the offseason over heard me cheering for someone going against another wrestler in Our club. She said you better not do that when my son is up. She said "3 years ago you said he was your kid. If he's your kid you better not cheer against him because I would be hurt." She said her child was My Kid. We only have a small club with a few members on purpose. I only select or invite kids that really need our help. Everyone is already a good kid so I try to help mold them into champions. Why can't they sip from Lord Stanley's Cup? Warsaw I wasn't trying to say Brooks "owned" the program. I'm saying that's who I know from there so that's whose opinion or whom I go to when I think Warsaw wrestling. Same with the others. People look too deep into what I write all the time. Edited by Major Ursula

I can say the mystery/conspiracy has been solved long ago. The General will be present and coaching at all the state tournament venues and I for one could not be happier . He brings excitement and the kids love him isn't that what really matters??????

Oh and he was at the New Haven Sectional last year check your facts/ sources

I can say the mystery/conspiracy has been solved long ago. The General will be present and coaching at all the state tournament venues and I for one could not be happier . He brings excitement and the kids love him isn't that what really matters??????

Oh and he was at the New Haven Sectional last year check your facts/ sources

He'll be in the chair for all his SAC wrestlers? Can't wait to hobnob it will him at lunch next week.

He'll be in the chair for all his SAC wrestlers? Can't wait to hobnob it will him at lunch next week.

Some may not like your sense of humor ,but not me I find it very funny .......... Make sure to save the general a sandwich and a chair right next to you .....

I wish the SAC was poised for a breakout year but it's not going to happen in the immediate future. I appreciate your enthusiasm Ursula, but you certainly aren't the first person to take interest in the area, these schools, these kids in an effort to rebuild the state of wrestling in our city. It looks like Concordia is improving and I don't know their program intimately so I can't make any educated statements but I'm guessing it has something to do with the presence of feeder programs. Snider is on the decline and have been since Ester and then Early left. They started a feeder program through Blackhawk and I don't think it has had the results they were hoping. Dwenger isn't as strong as they once were. I am not sure how many kids are still wrestling in the offseason for them but it used to be a ton. Wayne had a nice surge a few years ago but some things have changed since then and I don't know that they can do that again.

The other schools have a wrestler here or there pop up from time-to-time but nothing consistent. Until the SAC can fill rosters and develop good competition, the problem will remain. Good individuals - no depth - no team that can compete on a broad level. I think my biggest point of contention is all the talk about what you're going to do and how great it's going to be. If I look back over the history of the SAC and the guys that you mention - Isaacs, Ester, Early, Burton, Tone, etc. None of these guys talked about it - they just went out and did it. And then, after they did it, they still didn't talk about it. Let your results do the talking - you're not running for office, you don't need to try and convince us of how great you are.

I wish the SAC was poised for a breakout year but it's not going to happen in the immediate future. I appreciate your enthusiasm Ursula, but you certainly aren't the first person to take interest in the area, these schools, these kids in an effort to rebuild the state of wrestling in our city. It looks like Concordia is improving and I don't know their program intimately so I can't make any educated statements but I'm guessing it has something to do with the presence of feeder programs. Snider is on the decline and have been since Ester and then Early left. They started a feeder program through Blackhawk and I don't think it has had the results they were hoping. Dwenger isn't as strong as they once were. I am not sure how many kids are still wrestling in the offseason for them but it used to be a ton. Wayne had a nice surge a few years ago but some things have changed since then and I don't know that they can do that again.

The other schools have a wrestler here or there pop up from time-to-time but nothing consistent. Until the SAC can fill rosters and develop good competition, the problem will remain. Good individuals - no depth - no team that can compete on a broad level. I think my biggest point of contention is all the talk about what you're going to do and how great it's going to be. If I look back over the history of the SAC and the guys that you mention - Isaacs, Ester, Early, Burton, Tone, etc. None of these guys talked about it - they just went out and did it. And then, after they did it, they still didn't talk about it. Let your results do the talking - you're not running for office, you don't need to try and convince us of how great you are.

It's funny none the guys you mentioned say that to me. They know what I'm trying to do. All I've pointed out are the facts. You are not privy to all the discussions. Many have told me to my face," you guys will have zero influence. I just pointed out whilst spotty and cyclical we have had influence. If I'm all brash and hot air just allow me to talk. If I'm a paper champion I'll look stupid. I can talk and type because I have a mouth and fingers. If I listen to the peanut gallery then you guys will continue to be correct about our inability to compete on a "broad" scale. By the way as I said things will get back to the old days. Remember Snider had a renaissance year on 2012. That wasn't that long ago. Dwenger is nearly back. Condordia has improved by leaps. Wayne is in good hands. Northrop had nowhere to go but up. Southside's numbers are up and have some potential in the cupboard. Northside made some strides. Luers gets better everyday if they can get numbers they will be pesky. Mike is back. It's not "all" about me. Long Live The Summit. Edited by Major Ursula

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.