Hoosier Heritage Conference 1-16-16

gogoplata89

Delta, Greenfield-Central, Mt. Vernon (Fortville), New Castle, New Palestine, Pendleton Heights, Shelbyville, and Yorktown. 

Brackets haven't been released on track yet for some reason. Discuss.

Ranked guys in each weight

106:

#8 Breyden Curtis- Yorktown

#15 Gavin Rose- Greenfield-Central

113:

#2 Alec White- New Palestine

#10 Josh Stephenson- Yorktown

120:

#10 Christian Hunt- Yorktown

126:

None

132:

#1 Chad Red- New Palestine

138:

#2 Sage Coy- Delta

145:

#1 Jared Timberman- New Palestine

#4 Brad Laughlin- Yorktown

152:

#3 Cael McCormick- Yorktown

#16 Eugene Starks- New Palestine

160:

None

170:

#3 Jacob Gray- Delta

182:

#13 Caleb Hoots- New Castle

195:

#14 Scottie Evans- Delta

220:

None

285:

None

I think New Castle's Trevor Ragle will have a shot at 126. Sam Buck was leading Sage Coy last year until he was pinned at the end of the third period...so Sam could contend at 145.

195 might be interesting too, New Castle's Nate Woollard beat Evans in overtime during a dual this season.

Team wise - New Pal and Yorktown are clearly the frontrunners with Delta right behind.

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm assuming the 1 seed is at top vs. 8 seed. The 2 seed is at the bottom vs. the 7. Where are the other seeds located? Would 4 be second tier on top with five below, then 3 and 6?

In order - 1v8, 5v4, 3v6, 7v2

Looks like they only seed out top 4 and draw the rest. Could be wrong about that though.

I think New Castle's Trevor Ragle will have a shot at 126. Sam Buck was leading Sage Coy last year until he was pinned at the end of the third period...so Sam could contend at 145.

195 might be interesting too, New Castle's Nate Woollard beat Evans in overtime during a dual this season.

Team wise - New Pal and Yorktown are clearly the frontrunners with Delta right behind.

Trevor is very solid but in the same dual Evans lost in overtime House was beating him solidly when he pinned Trevor, House is the 1 seed at 126. An also Buck was down by 7 or 8 points as Sage was dominating him on his feet as he does many when he got the cradle on Sage. Not saying he isn't a good kid but this is the second time I have seen an incorrect tale of that match last year...but with Jarred, Brad, and Blake the hill at 145 is steep. Good luck to all the wrestlers this Saturday.

I may be wrong about the score. I don't think Buck was losing by 7 at all, but I do remember Buck putting Coy on his back for what most thought was a pin (I obviously don't have the ref's vantage point so I am not certain). Ragle wrestles 120. Yeah - 145 is stacked.

Edited by grappleapple

I may be wrong about the score. I don't think Buck was losing by 7 at all, but I do remember Buck putting Coy on his back for what most thought was a pin (I obviously don't have the ref's vantage point so I am not certain). Ragle wrestles 120. Yeah - 145 is stacked.

Buck got the Cradle to close the score gap, Coy was still up by 2 points before the pinning sequence... I thought Coy handled him fairly well overall, considering even without the fall (early) in the third period, Coy would have been up by 7 or more points if Buck had fought out...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.