East Chicago Semi State Rankings

ontherise219

Not sure about EC.  That is something we (LC) do not have, however with the new facilities nobody we havent really screwed around with the lighting situtation, so who knows what the possibilites are.  If we were to host Semi-state, I think we could arrnange for something to be installed so that something similar to Merrillville. 

If the developers stop going bankrupt there were plans to build an expo center/ arena civic center with hotels and a sports dome in Hobart off of rt 30 and I65.. It would be in Merrillville school district but in Hobart city limits so perhaps if that happens anytime soon it could potentially be a great fit.  The infrastructure is in...just need buildings.

For sectionals, EC can fit three mats across WITH the lower-bowl basketball bleachers all the way out. The nationally ranked seating capacity is listed at around 8,300, so even if all the hoops bleachers were pushed all the way in (I'm guessing they just push one side in so as to maintain the PA/press tables) and 4-6 mats laid out, we're still talking much more capacity than LC or Merrillville at full no-mat/basketball strength.

Fire Marshall Bill will have no beef here.

Agree with indianmorg that it's not the Bahamas in terms of desirable entertainment/shopping spots, especially hotels (northern Hammond will earn some of that economic impact), but quaint Whiting is just up the road with a nice downtown area, including a small movie theater, and there are two McDonald's within a mile or two, Subway, 2 BKs, gyros joints, pizza, plenty of sitdown authentic Mexican places, etc. And for the over-21 crowd interested in "gaming" there are options *floating* around nearby as well.

why cant semi state be at Mackey arena (14,240) or the Joyce center (9,149)...both have a larger facility, i know it would be hard to convince Notre Dame to hold a wrestling event. All Im saying is that triple b has me jealous and now i want a larger capacity lol Mackey would be my pick, Joyce 2nd, ECC 3rd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.