Good luck picking 106

dad2cash

106 is a fantastically deep and loaded weight class very exciting to watch.

That being said I still think one of the best years I've seen 106 actually 103 was with Cody Phillips, Mason Todd, Jared Brooks Jared McKinley and Brian Harvey all in the same weight class all wrestling out of Newcastle semi state.

Good luck this season !

I believe Jarred Brooks was out of the Merrillville Semi-State as Warsaw has been through that Semi-State for a while.

Merrillville or Ft Wayne? I'd think Ft Wayne would be closer to Warsaw.

Nvm it is Merrillville. That seems a bit crazy but I learned something.

Edited by casualwrestlingfan

Lukasz Waldensak (Cathedral) over Sam Fair (PM) Dec 6-4

Kory Cavanaugh (Penn) over Lukasz Waldensak (Cath.) fall

Keyuan Murphy (WC) over Asa Garcia (Avon) fall 0:41 sec.

Sam Fair (PM) over Kory Cavanaugh (Penn) dec. 1-0

Then you have Murphy(WC) who lost by fall to Mills(BR) who lost by decision to Fair(PM)

Let's not forget Egli(EMD) who lost a couple of close matches to Fair and Murphy.

This weight class really is so close.

Let's not forget that just this past Wednesday

#10 Curtis Yorktown just beat #6 Mills Brownsburg 4-2 At Mooresville. Mills over #13 Walendzak Cathedral by fall earlier in the event.

#8 little Rooks Columbus East over both #4 DeMein Northwood by fall and #3 Cavaunagh Penn 8-3 at Al Smith.

Edited by MattM

Let's not forget that just this past Wednesday

#10 Curtis of Yorktown just beat #6 Mills of Brownsburg 4-2 At Mooresville. Mills over #13 Walendzak Cathedral by fall earlier in the event.

#8 Rooks over both #4 DeMein Northwood by fall and #3 Cavaunagh 8-3 at Al Smith.

Thanks I could not remember those scores

Well a quick trip to track helped me a little.

Missed it the first run through but it was Rooks over #14 Finger Lowell by fall at Al Smith. Heck of a event for little Rooks.

Edited by MattM

Here a loss for you, here a win for you. Trading W/L among each other . Thats Good wrestling.

I've seen every 106 that's ranked wrestle in the State now and here's my conclusion.

1. Waste of time ranking them cause they will lose to each other the next week . The last year State Placers, State Q, upper classman all losing to a Very, Very Talented Freshman Class every week. (results don't lie)

106 Winners of the Top 4 Holiday events *Al Smith, EMDC, Moorseville, Connersville.... All Freshman .

Your guess is as good as mine the way I see it :)

From the 3a yesterday

Lukas Waldnzak cath d Sam fair

Sam fair d ty mills

Ty mills p Murphy warren

Murphy p Asa Garcia

Murphy d egli tight

Fair d egli

Cavanaugh d waldzenk

Cavaungh d Peele

Fair d cavanaugh

Egli d Peele too

Wow! get a computer, humans will have trouble with this weight class ranking them :-)

Something I've noticed about 106 is that it can be a very back-and-forth weight most years. I guarantee I've seen more instances at 106 of three wrestlers(sometimes even a couple more) all going 1-1 against each other than just about any other weight. Like someone pointed out, the top 106 pounders from 2014 split a lot of matches among each other. I can only assume it's because 106 is a predominately young class, meaning even some the top-level guys are still inexperienced/inconsistent.

Anyway, makes for some good wrestling once they all start meeting up and it's interesting when a weight class doesn't have anybody who is considered the "favorite." Depending on how the 106 brackets are drawn, there could be a loooooot of different semi-finals matches at state.

Edited by Caleb Spires

Something I've noticed about 106 is that it can be a very back-and-forth weight most years. I guarantee I've seen more instances at 106 of three wrestlers(sometimes even a couple more) all going 1-1 against each other than just about any other weight. Like someone pointed out, the top 106 pounders from 2014 split a lot of matches among each other. I can only assume it's because 106 is a predominately young class, meaning even some the top-level guys are still inexperienced/inconsistent.

Anyway, makes for some good wrestling once they all start meeting up and it's interesting when a weight class doesn't have anybody who is considered the "favorite." Depending on how the 106 brackets are drawn, there could be a loooooot of different semi-finals matches at state.

Totally agree.  Last year it seemed like Colton Cummings dominated the top of the 106 rankings all year (this is a compliment to him obviously).  Not this year though!

Totally agree.  Last year it seemed like Colton Cummings dominated the top of the 106 rankings all year (this is a compliment to him obviously).  Not this year though!

Cummings was the strong favorite from the first rankings to the final ones, and he looked relatively unchallenged at state.

This year, in the next ranking's update I believe we could have the fourth different #1 and there's still almost a month before sectionals. Odds are, there's likely a soon-to-be state placer at 106 being completely overlooked by a majority of the state.

As of now, I'm picking Rooks after his impressive Al Smith. 

this just means that in next 1-2 years 120/126 is going to be stacked with lots of studs and all upper classmen..........wait that's what it currently is !!!! guess nothing ever changes except that IN wrestling is getting better and better every year and that is the greatest thing !!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.