Fort Wayne Semi-State Results

Briar Goodwin over Mosser 6-5. Goodwin was a semi-state qualifier last year.

Good win by Goodwin. Not sure what is going on with Mosser. Thought it might be weight control but watching tonight something else could be possible. Miller for SA looked good and I thought little Mosser did a decent job against him. Really impressed with the AC frosh Macklin. Best match was probably 220 competition wise.

Good win by Goodwin. Not sure what is going on with Mosser. Thought it might be weight control but watching tonight something else could be possible. Miller for SA looked good and I thought little Mosser did a decent job against him. Really impressed with the AC frosh Macklin. Best match was probably 220 competition wise

Goodwin is just the better wrestler. if Goodwin can make it down to 120 he can upset alot of people in my opinion.

I think our the fort wayne semi-state rankings should give some love to Isaiah Baumgartner with his only loss on the season coming from the #4 ranked 182 lb wrestler in the state andy kohler. and that loss was by dec.

Actually he got majored 11-2 but yeah he's tough and only a sophomore! Looking for big things from this kid in the next few years.

Good win by Goodwin. Not sure what is going on with Mosser. Thought it might be weight control but watching tonight something else could be possible. Miller for SA looked good and I thought little Mosser did a decent job against him. Really impressed with the AC frosh Macklin. Best match was probably 220 competition wise.

Isaiah Baumgartner bumped up a lot, hes a 182 pounder, but he weighed in at 195 so he could wrestle up to 220, he'll probably go 195 during the state series. 

Goodwin is just the better wrestler. if Goodwin can make it down to 120 he can upset alot of people in my opinion.

Right now for sure. I'm just saying something is going on with Mosser compared to last year. Actually something with the entire team. They just aren't the typical AC standard. It could be the only senior leadership is Bates. I don't think they'll do well at the state duals at all.

Good win by Goodwin. Not sure what is going on with Mosser. Thought it might be weight control but watching tonight something else could be possible. Miller for SA looked good and I thought little Mosser did a decent job against him. Really impressed with the AC frosh Macklin. Best match was probably 220 competition wise

Weight issues? Moser weighed in at a low 124. He weighed in at 120 before so it can't be too bad.

Weight issues? Moser weighed in at a low 124. He weighed in at 120 before so it can't be too bad.

I don't think it is as big of an issue as before. To me, he is not wrestling the same as before. I don't see much confidence in the young man. As for the team, they're young in some key spots and the lineup does have more holes than normal. The upperclassmen are not quite as experienced at the varsity level like normal as well.

Mosser dominated the entire match, got sucked into a scramble by goodwin and ended up giving up 5. It's a good rivalry to watch.

Mosser dominated the entire match, got sucked into a scramble by goodwin and ended up giving up 5. It's a good rivalry to watch.

The thing is though, Goodwin has caught Moser in that cheap fat man's roll several times (i believe he got most on his back a total of four times now). Goodwin is good at it, he catches people off guard with it. I bet if they wrestled again Briar would put Anthony on his back and score once or twice. On the other hand, if Moser would just take him down and cut him, he could win. But cousins bottom is too much for Moser to handle.

From the ECIC @ Jay County

132: Dudleston (Jay County) pinned Richardson (Delta) 1:18
Dudleston (JC) DEC Maggard (Marion) 6-5

138: Coy (Delta) pinned Brown (Muncie Central) 5:02

152: Perry (Southern Wells) DEC Leonhard (Jay County) 1-0

195: Delph (Frankton) pinned Evans (Delta) 0:26

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.