# of Dual Meets

ENoblewrestling

Curious to see what teams schedules look like in terms of dual meets.  There was a lot of talk about promotion of our sport, and I agree that dual meets are the best from a fan perspective.  I would be interested to see if there will be a change to more duals in the future, or if that change is already starting at some places..  Anyhow, I am just looking for the school and number of duals.

I'll start, and to let you know I am not practicing what I am preaching.

Churubusco- 4 Duals

Where was this discussion?

Maybe a lot was the wrong word.  It was brought up during the NWCA presentations, and during Dr. Cooper's presentation.  I realized that our team would have trouble reaching a  fan base this season as we only have four duals, and actually no home meets. I am really just curious to see how many teams have above the minimum number of duals, and if any have 8.

Where was this discussion?

There also is an article about this same topic in the new wrestling U.S.A. magazine which is what made me start the post.

Carmel has 8 

That is pretty cool, that doesn't seem to be the norm for sure.  Curious was that kind of how it has always been at Carmel, or did you change the schedule to add more dual meets?  Generally speaking, is that were you want your schedule, or do you think you would add more weekend stuff in the future? 

Wait!  We only have 7.  With football playing as long as they typically do here, it's hard to compete before Thanksgiving.

We have always thought that weeknight dual meets are good for the program.  It's easy for everyone involved....kids on team, student body/grandma/neighbors/etc to come watch.

We are definitely going away from the marathon day stuff too.  We shortened our schedule quite a bit over the last couple years.  We like knowing that we compete on Wed. and Saturdays.  I

Not counting Dual tournaments, HSE has 6.

Dec 1, 2015 at Avon High School 6:30 PM

Dec 9, 2015 at Zionsville High School 6:30 PM

Dec 15, 2015 vs. Noblesville High School 6:30 PM

Jan 6, 2016 vs. Fishers High School 6:30 PM

Jan 13, 2016 at Center Grove High School 6:00 PM

Jan 20, 2016 vs. Carmel High School 6:30 PM

Edited by FASTMarine

Here is a summary

Northwest Indiana aka da region and Indianapolis area will have a higher average than the rest of the state. The rest of the state will hover around the 4 mark.

The NWCA wants to stress more single duals, but fail to tell you that you bring in fans for GOOD duals. They also fail to factor in that once you get out of the heavily populated areas that travel time/distance will play a part.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.