2015 IHSWCA Fall Clinic Oct 8-9

dstruck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sent this information to all the email addresses that I have from last year's membership list!

To: All Head Coaches of IHSAA Wrestling Schools

Re: IHSWCA Information

Date: September 17, 2015

Welcome to the 2015-16 wrestling season.

Well the technology dinosaur (yours truly) is finally trying to become update to this era.

Hopefully this information is posted in enough areas that all Indiana head wrestling coaches receives this information. If not, I apologize up front!

For you convenience, all IHSWCA Forms can be located on the website (www.ihswca.org)

Jake Harreld – former head coach at Fishers HS is gracious enough to continue to manage our website.

While the IHSWCA cannot take your payment electronically “YET”, I’m working on it, You can preregister for the clinic by emailing me at (jsaminch123@sbcglobal.net). Either use the attached form or just state your name & your other coaches name and say “SAME INFO AS LAST YEAR” & then bring payment to the clinic.

This year’s clinic features three individuals with Indiana ties. Angel Escobedo, Reece Humphrey, and Coyte Cooper. Angel (4X State Champ – NCAA Champ) & Reece (3X State Champ – NCAA All-American & World Team member) are both Indiana high school products. Coyte was an NCAA All-American at IU. This should be a great clinic! Please see attached 2015 Fall Clinic Flier.

We will once again offer the IHSAA Rules Interpretation Meeting at the clinic.  It is scheduled for Thursday evening @ 6:30 pm at Warren Central HS our clinic site. So even if you cannot attend the clinic, you can make the rules meeting and then attend the coaches social afterwards at our host hotel the Clarion East – formerly the Ramada Inn.

Tyson Skinner – Madison Consolidated HS will be taking over for the 2015-16 & 2016-17 school years as our President and Greg Ratliff – Edgewood HS was voted in as Vice President along with Sam Riesen - Churubusco HS as Secretary at last Spring Clinic’s business meeting.

While the IHSWCA cannot offer you the USA/ISWA coaches card in our clinic package, the ISWA will be contacting all previous coaches with information that will help you in the process of attaining your card.

I hope to see all of you at the fall clinic.  While there are many clinics being offered this fall in several areas of the state, the IHSWCA is the only clinic exclusively for coaches.  You will receive IHSWCA membership, clinic gifts, lunch, and a social all for a very reasonable cost. Plus this is the only face to face Rules Interpretation clinic offered.

Respectfully submitted,

J.D. Minch – IHSWCA Ex. Dir. - formerly  IHSWCA  S/T – 1990-2010

Address:                                  

202 S. Vine St.   

Crawfordsville, IN. 47933

email – jsaminch123@sbcglobal.net

• 2 weeks later...

as of 9/29/2015

TENATIVE - CLINIC SCHEDULE

** Thursday  - Oct. 8, 2015 **

8:00 – 9:00    Registration – Warren Cen. HS

Enter Door 14 – Park in lot across from door 14

9:00 - 11:00            Session 1 - Technique    Reece/Angel                                                                

11:00 -12:30   Lunch provided by IHSWCA &

Business Meeting  @ Warren Cen. HS.

12:30 – 2:00   Session 2 – Technique & Drills     Reece/Angel                       

2:15 – 3:00  Question and Answer                        

3-5:30 - break and check into hotel

5:30 – 6:30              NWCA President Mike Moyer

6:30 – 7:30              IHSAA Rules Interpretation Meeting

7:30 – 8:30             College Coaches Round Table

8:30 – 11:00            IHSWCA Social –Damon’s @ Clarion East

-  sponsored by    Pro Power Fitness & Strength  Equipment

** Friday - Oct. 9, 2015 **

9:00 – 9:30              Registration

9:30 - 11:00             Coyte Cooper – Session 1

11:00 – 11:15          Break and Raffle 1  

11:15 – 12:30          Coyte Cooper – Session 2

12:30 – 1:00            Q and A with Coyte Cooper

1 –                           Raffle and Adjourn

Once again there will be vendors at the clinic with many cash and carry specials and door prizes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.