New Open Weights directory to connect wrestlers and dual teams

Keel

I created a site to help you find wrestlers for your open weights.  We connect dual teams and free agents for wrestling tournaments. I'm a coach in Virginia at Skyline High School and with the State Champion Front Royal Raptors.  I built this tool for us.  

Register now and get started.  

www.findawrestler.com

I like this idea.  Why doesn't Indianamat put an area for kids to list their weights and contact information if they are interested in wrestling off season, maybe only make it available to coaches.  This would make things 100 times easier trying to fill some of these teams.  Might take a year or so to take off, but would think that would be a great resource and something easy to set-up.

The reason I made findawrestler.com is to connect teams and wrestlers in a way that doesn't release a list of contact information to web spiders and scrapers.  The resource is available and free to register.  Give it a try.

Matt

I like the idea and can definitely see this being used by coaches and kids in the future. Thank you for making this resource.

However, I have some design suggestions (take it or leave it, just my thoughts)

• I'm not a fan of the font (like where it says welcome). May I suggest combination of Fjalla One + Open Sans on the site (both are free to use and web friendly, can be found on google web fonts). Also I don't recommend using white on black (your advice page) and to find color schemes, this is a good resource
  • Make the site responsive. For instance, I can see it being used on phones a lot and it doesn't play well on mobile. 
  • I noticed on registration if I am registering a team, I need to put an event start date. What if I am putting together a team that wrestles throughout the summer at multiple events (but when I'm registering the team I don't know the dates yet but would like to fill the holes on my team). Would it be possible to make that optional during registration?

Again thank you for this wonderful resource!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.