Why are people deleting Track Profile?

WaltHarris

Noticed that as well last weekend. I can only assume it is so no "research" can be done and a wrestler can keep the "element of surprise". What they fail to realize tho, that in today's technological age all you have to do is a quick google search of the name/state/school and whatever other parameters and you can usually get a "hit" to find out info anyway. Had to do this last week for the NHSCA event as it seems the East Coast doesn't believe in Track. Ironically, not only are there articles but most of these parents like to put little Johnny on Youtube so the videos come up as well which are even a better scouting tool than Track! I don't know....I understand there are different theories/opinions on whether it's a good thing or not to have opponent info but whether it's right there for you i.e Track or you have to do some digging, it's all out there anyway.

I love track... If a kid has an impressive profile he can put some fear in his opponent before they even step on the mat.

Goes both ways though. I've been guilty of assuming a kid with no profile means he isn't that good. Can be deceiving. I've considered deleting my kids' profiles just so I'm not tempted to get caught up in the hoopla.

I actually talked to some kids who deleted their profiles. They did it because some of the wins were falling off after a year and their "rating" was suffering a bit from it. Really, there is nothing on track wrestling that you can't find elsewhere and when it comes down to it, people can research all they want, they still need to beat the other guy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.