Scholastic Duals

AJ

Y2 and that team with those guys took 3rd place. So obviously there must be some pretty good wrestlers at this event. I have never seen Wisconsin at a folkstyle event in the off-season for middle school or high school. Michigan has some stupid rules about competing during the school year. I agree Iowa and Missouri need to be at this tournament. IA seems to be more of an AAU State than USA. I think the organizers reach out to the USA reps from each State. You have to get lucky and find the right "GUY" from each State. MN would not be in if not for Steveson and after Gables junior year they will probably be gone.

Screw PA. If they can't win they do not come. They are 0 for 2 since it got moved to Indiana. They like when things are in their region, easier to put together stud teams. Ohio Mafia does have a nice team this year. Gold pool on Saturday will have some great matches.

It sounds as if you are making excuses for why there is a lack of participation.

Michigan has had teams in the past so they have found ways to get around their rules. They bring 20+ teams to numerous dual tournaments in their state, along with Disney and NHSCA. They had 36 teams at the Grand River Rumble this past year from states like WISCONSIN, New Jersey, PENNSYLVANIA, Tennessee, along with about 20 from Michigan. Again how can not one of those groups in Michigan bring a team? 

Saying you don't want a Pennsylvania team is ludicrous an the reason the event has gone downhill. There is no reason there shouldn't be 15+ states at this event.

It sounds as if you are making excuses for why there is a lack of participation.

Michigan has had teams in the past so they have found ways to get around their rules. They bring 20+ teams to numerous dual tournaments in their state, along with Disney and NHSCA. They had 36 teams at the Grand River Rumble this past year from states like WISCONSIN, New Jersey, PENNSYLVANIA, Tennessee, along with about 20 from Michigan. Again how can not one of those groups in Michigan bring a team? 

Saying you don't want a Pennsylvania team is ludicrous an the reason the event has gone downhill. There is no reason there shouldn't be 15+ states at this event.

I agree. I think there were 121 -123 HS Dual Teams at Virginia Beach last year. May have more this year? This event only has 21......

I am curious as to why you guys think that is? PA obviously knows about the tournament, they have been here before. It is on trackwrestling so I would think most wrestling fans are familiar with it. Is it a bad weekend? Is the location hard to get to? I like the venue. The cost is the lowest I have seen for 7 duals. Would Friday thru Sunday help?

I am curious as to why you guys think that is? PA obviously knows about the tournament, they have been here before. It is on trackwrestling so I would think most wrestling fans are familiar with it. Is it a bad weekend? Is the location hard to get to? I like the venue. The cost is the lowest I have seen for 7 duals. Would Friday thru Sunday help?

Cost is fine

Location is good and driveable for most of the heart of wrestling in the midwest.

Time of year isn't perfect, but still not bad

Competition is good and obviously guaranteed 7 matches is always a plus

How can there be a draw of 600+ kids from 10+ states to wrestle in Indiana in early September? Yet, this event only gets teams from 7 states with 3 or more teams from 5 of them?

One word PROMOTION

Cost is fine

Location is good and driveable for most of the heart of wrestling in the midwest.

Time of year isn't perfect, but still not bad

Competition is good and obviously guaranteed 7 matches is always a plus

How can there be a draw of 600+ kids from 10+ states to wrestle in Indiana in early September? Yet, this event only gets teams from 7 states with 3 or more teams from 5 of them?

One word PROMOTION

Whose job is it to promote this event?  The NHSCA? The IHSWCA? Wabash?  Indiana wrestling community?  I agree that it is not promoted very well, but who do we talk to about this?

Every other event it is the tournament director's job to promote an event.  It is typically not the worst idea in the world for that tournament director to also ask support of the people around them to promote the tournament.  If we look at well ran national tournaments in our state we see the same thing.

IHPO - Joe goes out and posts on at least 15 different state's message boards about the little tournament that he runs.

Indy Nationals - Mark Durham does a bunch of spreading of information at all of the tournaments that he runs (youth, high school, college, anything), he also visits different states websites.  He pays for the banner on IndianaMat and on Illinois Matmen. 

I am not taking a shot at anyone, I just know that there is a lot of experience in Indiana at running tournaments and sometimes people do not ask for help from the people who know.

Here ya go:

Team Results

Select a Team:

Pool C - Indiana Gold is guaranteed 1st place

Match #1 Semifinal: Indiana Gold received a Bye

Match #2 1st Place Match: Indiana Gold defeated Illinois South 48-10

106 - Colton Cummings (Indiana Gold) over Javon Pargo (Illinois South) TF 17-2

113 - Paul Konrath (Indiana Gold) over Chase Bittle (Illinois South) Maj 17-5

120 - Brock Hudkins (Indiana Gold) over Ben Schuletter (Illinois South) Fall 2:20

126 - Gaige Torres (Indiana Gold) over Tyler Dunn (Illinois South) Dec 6-4

132 - Jarrid Braunagel (Illinois South) over Jordan Vaughn (Indiana Gold) Dec 7-5

138 - Isaac Eicher (Indiana Gold) over Danny Braunagel (Illinois South) Dec 5-3

145 - Nick Foster (Illinois South) over Jacob Covaciu (Indiana Gold) Dec 3-2

152 - Elijah Dunn (Indiana Gold) over Guy Brown (Illinois South) Dec 6-4

160 - Drew Hughes (Indiana Gold) over Zach Braunaguel (Illinois South) TF 15-0

170 - Cameron Jones (Indiana Gold) over Chris Prosser (Illinois South) Fall 0:36

182 - Mason Parris (Indiana Gold) over James Waters (Illinois South) Fall 1:20

195 - John Mckinney (Illinois South) over Nick Ritchie (Indiana Gold) Maj 12-3

220 - Gunnar Larson (Indiana Gold) over Matt Sarhage (Illinois South) Maj 15-5

285 - Brett Henson (Indiana Gold) over Dewayne Hill (Illinois South) UTB 3-2

Gold Pool - Indiana Gold is guaranteed 6th place

Match #1 Round 1: Indiana Gold defeated Illinois Inferno 45-8

106 - Colton Cummings (Indiana Gold) over Charlie Faber (Illinois Inferno) Maj 12-2

113 - Paul Konrath (Indiana Gold) over Robert Campos (Illinois Inferno) Dec 1-0

120 - Brock Hudkins (Indiana Gold) over Zach Villarreal (Illinois Inferno) Dec 9-3

126 - Gaige Torres (Indiana Gold) over Julian Blanco (Illinois Inferno) Dec 5-1

132 - Jordan Vaughn (Indiana Gold) over Bryce Thurston (Illinois Inferno) Maj 10-2

138 - Isaac Eicher (Indiana Gold) over John Cullen (Illinois Inferno) Dec 5-2

145 - Jacob Covaciu (Indiana Gold) over Zach Lorek (Illinois Inferno) TF 16-0

152 - Elijah Dunn (Indiana Gold) over Devin Donovan (Illinois Inferno) Dec 9-7

160 - Drew Hughes (Indiana Gold) over Matt Ferraro (Illinois Inferno) TF 15-0

170 - Cameron Jones (Indiana Gold) over Brian Krasowski (Illinois Inferno) SV-1 3-1

182 - Mason Parris (Indiana Gold) over Jenner Hecox (Illinois Inferno) Fall 0:00

195 - Eric Schultz (Illinois Inferno) over Nick Ritchie (Indiana Gold) TF 25-9

220 - Eric Johnson (Illinois Inferno) over Gunnar Larson (Indiana Gold) TB-1 1-0

285 - Brett Henson (Indiana Gold) over Matt Reyes (Illinois Inferno) Dec 5-2

Match #2 Round 2: Illinois Outsiders defeated Indiana Gold 35-12

106 - Colton Cummings (Indiana Gold) over Louie Hayes (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 4-3

113 - Jason Renteria (Illinois Outsiders) over Paul Konrath (Indiana Gold) Dec 3-1

120 - Travis Piotrowski (Illinois Outsiders) over Brock Hudkins (Indiana Gold) Dec 4-3

126 - Dylan Thurston (Illinois Outsiders) over Gaige Torres (Indiana Gold) Dec 3-2

132 - Austin O`Connor (Illinois Outsiders) over Jordan Vaughn (Indiana Gold) TF 19-4

138 - Shayne Oster (Illinois Outsiders) over Isaac Eicher (Indiana Gold) Dec 8-2

145 - Jacob Covaciu (Indiana Gold) over Anthony Cheloni (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 6-2

152 - Trevell Timmons (Illinois Outsiders) over Elijah Dunn (Indiana Gold) Dec 9-5

160 - Drew Hughes (Indiana Gold) over Trace Carello (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 3-2

170 - Kyle Betourne (Illinois Outsiders) over Cameron Jones (Indiana Gold) Maj 10-2

182 - Mason Parris (Indiana Gold) over Mason DeLong (Illinois Outsiders) Dec 7-3

195 - Christian Brunner (Illinois Outsiders) over Nick Ritchie (Indiana Gold) TF 19-4

220 - Josh King (Illinois Outsiders) over Gunnar Larson (Indiana Gold) Dec 5-0

285 - Matt Allen (Illinois Outsiders) over Brett Henson (Indiana Gold) Dec 5-4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.