Which HS has the most dominating middle school.

RoughNeck

Avon has split schools...Avon North and Avon South.

Avon North hasnt wrestled Perry, but Perry won Grizzly Super 12 and Avon North finished 7th there

Avon South wrestled Perry in a dual, and Perry won

Middle School State Team Results:

1st - Perry (24 wrestlers) with a 1st, 4th, 4th, 4th, 6th, 7th, 7th, 7th, 8th

2nd - Avon (13 wrestlers) with a 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 8th, 8th, 8th

It would be a close dual combining the Avon teams.  When we wrestled South it wasn't close.  They may have won 4 matches or so.  Our strength really isn't our studs this year.  It is the guys in between.  The above  PM placers are with Alex Cottey and Aiden Warren not repeating in the top 8 due to tough draws.  Big Frank Hammond didn't wrestle due to an injury. We had 24 wrestlers, but only one in each weight scored.  I know we didn't fill a couple weights.  It will be interesting how each team shapes up in a few years. 

Shaun Richardson

Good points Shaun, but you have to take into consideration that Avon does not allow 6th graders to wrestle for the middle schools. You would have to add those kids in too. We have multiple 6 graders that have won state. Avon has double digit iswa state champs for grades 6th to 8th. Like I said before, it would be a good dual.

I think Avon will takes some hits next year, alot of seniors leaving. Even with some good freshman coming in and going from MS to HS is a huge jump..... Freshman could wrestle JR or SR, boys vs men.

It's true, but from the 2014 MS state champs from 95 to 132, only 2 weren't at high school state immediately this year and one of those was Brayton Lee.  Avon has 3 in that range coming in that were 2015 MS champs.  It seems like there could be a nice immediate impact.

if avon combined teams and allowed 6th graders, then team maybe look like this (of the kids i know)

depending on weights (just a guess)

N- goes to North

S- goes to South

75-

80- Tyler Conley (6th grader, 4th MS State)

85- Ray Roiux (8th, 2nd MS State) S

90- Brady McKivitz (6th, 8th MS State)

95- Trey Lane (8th, 1st MS State) N

100- Asa Garcia (8th, 1st MS State) N

105- Camden Chatterton (8th, MS placer 2014) N

110- Jaden Reyonlds (6th, MS dnp)

115- Trea Reynolds (8th, MS dnp) N

120-

125- Bailey McKivitz (8th, MS dnp 2014) N

130- Nathan Conley (8th, 1st MS state) N

135- Carson Brewer (8th, 1st MS state) N

140- Tyler Miner (8th, 8th MS state) S

145-

155- Caden Hubner (8th) N

160-

180-

210-

240-

285-

since this Avon line up above is fictitious and would never happen I want to slot myself into wrestle in the 160 spot.  I was gonna take the 145 spot but I felt like that may be a little bit a of a stretch from my normal walk around weight !!!

since this Avon line up above is fictitious and would never happen I want to slot myself into wrestle in the 160 spot.  I was gonna take the 145 spot but I felt like that may be a little bit a of a stretch from my normal walk around weight !!!

i dont think you could win the wrestle off at 145 and up....so maybe we can put in at 285 or as an ALT

Just for the record:), Brownsburg east MS won county and conference over ANMS and ASMS back to back in 2013 and 2014.  probably not gonna happen this year though; alot of talent moved onto 9th grade in 2015.  Alot of talent in the pipeline for both schools systems, county will be a battle for a number of years to come.  Hendricks county middle schools are strong....

if avon combined teams and allowed 6th graders, then team maybe look like this (of the kids i know)

depending on weights (just a guess)

N- goes to North

S- goes to South

75-

80- Tyler Conley (6th grader, 4th MS State)

85- Ray Roiux (8th, 2nd MS State) S

90- Brady McKivitz (6th, 8th MS State)

95- Trey Lane (8th, 1st MS State) N

100- Asa Garcia (8th, 1st MS State) N

105- Camden Chatterton (8th, MS placer 2014) N

110- Jaden Reyonlds (6th, MS dnp)

115- Trea Reynolds (8th, MS dnp) N

120-

125- Bailey McKivitz (8th, MS dnp 2014) N

130- Nathan Conley (8th, 1st MS state) N

135- Carson Brewer (8th, 1st MS state) N

140- Tyler Miner (8th, 8th MS state) S

145-

155- Caden Hubner (8th) N

160-

180-

210-

240-

285-

Jared Clark from South would be in the mix at 120. He weighs 123 right now and was a medal winner at state this year at 125. 

This senior class were not even kindergartners when ARon Bright and Sam Ruff started club in 2000. I met Kevin Helm in the wrestling room that next year, Quinn and Brenden already knew each other from preschool. From there with Kevin doing the coaching and me taking on the parents, we took over the smallest kids in the club and made a concentrated effort to get every kid in their grade that we could to come out for wrestling. With in 5 years we had almost 150 kids signed up Coach Williams had taken over HS program at that point and Kevin joined HS staff as well as coaching little guys. We really took off after that runner up season for the HS we built on that team concept as well as Lynn's state championship. Had some dads who were willing to give their time (Rassbach, Luce, Kaiser, KAlishand now Brewer, McLain and countless others) was not over night success and the elite clubs helped us take our club to another level, when Ryan started Contenders a lot of our really good kids went to him because he was training year around and catered to the advanced kids where we were still showing basics. My goal in the early days was to make sure the kids didn't bring home the basketball sign up sheets from school cause wrestling was more fun. When Blevins came on broad the club was doing well and he jumped right in and has made sure that we continue to move forward. The last five years have been very rewarding from my stand point of being involved when my son was sometimes the only Avon kid at a tournment to now when we generally have 20-30 kids wrestling every weekend. Can't be done with out the moms and dads who are willing to give their time and efforts. The future is very bright and with the continued efforts of Coach and his staff and the parents who have stepped up and the ones who will down the road Avon should be claiming a team and some individual titles in the years to come.

Proof that it works is having Larson 220 and Miranda 106 becoming first Avon State Qualifier's as Freshman. Larson placed this year as a sophomore, 5th. With all the 8th graders coming in, Avon has a chance to get their first ever Freshman place finisher. 

I think Avon will takes some hits next year, alot of seniors leaving. Even with some good freshman coming in and going from MS to HS is a huge jump..... Freshman could wrestle JR or SR, boys vs men.

Avon FR will be fine. Larson won 31 matches as FR at 220. Lost 8. Never wrestled 1 FR, only wrestled 1 sophomore. It can be done. 

Avon North MS won the 16 Team Wayne Township Invite today. All results are on Track Wrestling. Avon South finished 3rd. Lynnhurst, a BD feeder finished 2nd and Yorktown was 4th. Avon North had 6 Champs. Avon South had 4 Champs. Yorktown also had 4 Champs. Avon North also had 2 runner-ups. I still think the Avon MS combined team would be hard to beat in a dual or tournament format. Coach McCormick at Yorktown could confirm or disagree with this. Either way, Avon would respect what he had to say, I am sure of that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.