IHSWCA Coaches Forum Information

Y2CJ41

First off, this will be a place to discuss IHSWCA items with the IHSWCA board members. Keep the discussion civil and in a tasteful manner.

In order to be able to post on this forum  you must be in our "coaches" group. If you are not please send me a PM and I'll get you into the group as soon as possible.

I want to thank Joe for getting this up for me.  As the next IHSWCA president I want to be able to hear your opinions as much as possible.  I might not agree with them but my job is to try to do what the majority of our coaches feel is right.  So keep it civil and feel free to message me on here of through email with any and all questions and I will try my best to answer them.  

Thanks

Tyson Skinner

tysongskinner@gmail

Coach Skinner,

I posed this question on a previous thread.......you mentioned that you are the next IHSWCA President.......who are the other newly elected IHSWCA officers?

Also, it was mentioned at the state finals that this is an IHSAA proposal year for the IHSWCA.  I didn't receive the email that indicated what the IHSWCA is proposing...could you share this information on here?

As far as the elected officials Sam Riesen is the only nominee for Sect, and we have two nominee's for Vice President.  We haven't had the elections yet to determine the VP so keep an eye out for the ballots as I am looking into a way to try to do it electronically.

We had a survey with the IHSAA that they sent out gauging everyones feeling on certain items.  Did you recieve this email that the IHSAA sent out to every school?  If not let me know and I will contact them to resend it to you.

The survey is to gauge what the members think then we will look at results and try to come up with a proposal based on those answers and then in the Spring when we meet with the IHSAA we will present a proposal.

Our Two nominee's for VP are 

Mark Line - Valparaiso

Greg Ratliff - Edgewood

Are there certain issues on the survey that the IHSWCA would like to push more than others?  Does the IHSWCA have a goal for any of the items?

Curious coach and fan....

• 1 year later...

Is there any word on the compression shirts and fight shorts movement? I have lot of kids that wearing a singlet is reason 1 why they would not wrestle. I am trying to get my football kids, out so curious. Sure they would find another reason even if singlets were no longer an issue. kids!

Is there any word on the compression shirts and fight shorts movement? I have lot of kids that wearing a singlet is reason 1 why they would not wrestle. I am trying to get my football kids, out so curious. Sure they would find another reason even if singlets were no longer an issue. kids!

In not sure of the IHSWCA position on the topic, but they wouldn't be the only state association to looking into the pros and cons of the issue. http://www.flowrestling.org/article/40808-multiple-states-considering-shorts-shirt-uniform-change

A IHSWCA state association official would likely be able to give more detail on what they hace discussed on the matter.

Disclaimer: I posted this only because it relates to other state associations discussing the matter rather than to start a general discussion of the topic. A full discussion maybe better served placed in the High School Forum than here.

Edited by MattM

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.