138 - JOE LEE VS TOMMY CASH

KarlHungus

Watch again Stan Brown! Very clear he was nowhere near flat.

Sorry, this isn't Stan Brown. I am also sorry that Lee lost. I was pulling for kid as well. His loss to Cash is no more of a surprise as James losing to Lee. All 3 are tough as nails and the better man won when it counted the most.

Who said anything about james getting "caught"? James was behind when he got pinned.

Cash was behind when he won. He saw an opportunity and capitalized.

What does deserve have to do with it? I thought outcomes were determined by performance within the rules.

Your arguments are preposterous

James was up 4-2 before being reversed to his back against Lee... Lee would've had a 7-4 lead if the fall did not occur

So using your own argument against you... Doesn't that mean Cash was ahead when he pinned Lee?!?! Cash would've been up 6-4 had Lee survived

Edited by NavyGonzo

First off congrats to Tommy Cash on repeating as  State Champion.  Great performance throughout becoming only the 5th wrestler to pin his way to a title.

I will say I thought there may have been a little bit of a shoulder up, however I could not see if the blade was touching. Does not matter now, as the only thought that matters was the official on the mat at the time. I also know that I was not down there but that ginormous screen gave us all a pretty close look at it!

I was in the Mater Dei section for the finals and to their credit, it was the young fans in their group that were booing Cash. Though the adults weren't quick to tell them to cut it out.

Lee was taking it to Cash in that match and was in complete control. I loved the mental toughness of Cash. A lot of kids would've been beaten after that first period. Cash displayed the toughness and determination of a senior who has been there before and kept coming with everything he had. Glad to see him end his career with a second title. Joe Lee has a great career ahead of him and I can't wait to see it.

James was up 4-2 before being reversed to his back against Lee... Lee would've had a 7-4 lead if the fall did not occur

So using your own argument against you... Doesn't that mean Cash was ahead when he pinned Lee?!?! Cash would've been up 6-4 had Lee survived

Wrong. Lee was awarded a rev/td plus three backs, making it 7-4. He switched off to a half for the fall.

Wrong. Lee was awarded a rev/td plus three backs, making it 7-4. He switched off to a half for the fall.

Actually, was it a hook and a half?  lol

The Cash/Lee call was a fall.  Live with it.  Yes, it was a touch pin.  But Lee should never put himself in the position to allow the call.

Cash hung in there and capitalized on Lees poor position.  All credit to him.  He is deservedly among the top in the nation.

We are still in the first chapter of the Joe Lee's wrestling story.  And the way he handled Cash/James, it should be a hell of a story.  He is a college wrestler right now.

And let's not forget James.  My heart goes out to this young man.  Flonational champ.  Indiana wrestling tournament is unforgiving  He has been an inspiration to all Indiana wrestlers.  I predict his best days are ahead.

So, in my book, they are all champs.

Either way cash would have been leading after the nearfall. If Lee's pin over james isn't a "catch" when James leg just got caught in an awkward position, Cashs pin wasn't close to a "catch" Edited by NICfan

Looked to me that Joe was much stronger than Cash. But Cash adjusted to the power and the more technical wrestler found a way to win. Was it me or did Lee look like a 152 out there?

Edited by jchas

Looked to me that Joe was much stronger than Cash. But Cash adjusted to the power and the more technical wrestler found a way to win. Was it me or did Lee look like a 152 out there?

I thought it was the other way around. Lee looked more technical in the first period but Cash was going upper body most of the match and eventually overpowered him. I've heard from some people who wrestled Cash that he is much stronger than you would think. And clearly dangerous, considering he went from neutral to getting a fall in a matter of less than 10 seconds.

Congrats to Cash on two in a row, and I doubt Joe ever gets pinned again in high school.

I was in the Mater Dei section for the finals and to their credit, it was the young fans in their group that were booing Cash. Though the adults weren't quick to tell them to cut it out.

Lee was taking it to Cash in that match and was in complete control. I loved the mental toughness of Cash. A lot of kids would've been beaten after that first period. Cash displayed the toughness and determination of a senior who has been there before and kept coming with everything he had. Glad to see him end his career with a second title. Joe Lee has a great career ahead of him and I can't wait to see it.

There was some adults in the section near me  in the upper level that were booing the Cash win.  I thought ironic they were booing a pin call in the upper section.    I couldn't resist and had to say it was a good call.   Of course some adult lady told me to F_ _ _ off.   Real classy.   I guess I dont know what school they were from for sure,  but they didn't stick around and left right after the Cash vs Lee match.  Must of had a long drive home not to stick around to see the rest of the finals.

Well, I sat with most of my wrestlers from Hamilton Heights who had never seen a state championship. I can tell you, it was a match they will never forget. This match taught them a lot of lessons on both sides and what an exciting match for them just to be apart of and just to watch as a fan of wrestling. My wrestlers go through the same Regionals as Tommy so they were able to connect a little with him and cheering him on. We were front row most of the tourney and 3rd row for the Finals. Tommy's match they talked about all the way home. Not one comment was made about the pin but instead how great Indiana wrestling truly is. Two great young men that we should all be very proud of as they were the ones center mat battling for the most prestigious title Indiana has to offer.

pin or not its not for us to decide.   Joe Lee had a great weekend.  Great career for Brandon James.   Superb performance by Cash.   The guy was down but not out, much like Lee vs. James.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...Sports can be cruel but its not life or death.

Overall great weekend for Indiana wrestling.

There was some adults in the section near me  in the upper level that were booing the Cash win.  I thought ironic they were booing a pin call in the upper section.    I couldn't resist and had to say it was a good call.   Of course some adult lady told me to F_ _ _ off.   Real classy.   I guess I dont know what school they were from for sure,  but they didn't stick around and left right after the Cash vs Lee match.  Must of had a long drive home not to stick around to see the rest of the finals.

Now if was a blonde with two other blondes that said those words to you I was in the area and if it was her then you should not tell someone to shut the h€[[ up! If that was not then I'm sorry thinking maybe it was you because my little one could not believe that this man said that to a woman and told him that people get crazy at these events and maybe his son or someone he knows may have gotten beat by a MD wrestler but that does not excuse his rude behavior or her fowl language.

Lee was dominating, too. Crazy finish. Looked to be some space under his shoulder but he wasn't protesting the call. Not sure he would have worked his way out of that.

You won't hear him contest the call because he put himself in the position for the referee to decide the match and my opinion does not matter or affect the outcome of the match. SO with being said, I would like to congratulate Tommy Cash on his second championship and yes he did get his hand raised. I think that he handled himself like the champion he is during the interview.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.