106 & 120 craziness

maligned

These 2 weight classes were a blast to watch.  I mean, who really knows what's going to happen?  There are probably 6 guys who could legitimately win 120 still.  It's crazy that Ferguson and Egli go out and mostly control Reitz and Black.  Meanwhile, Hatch easily handles Gomez (who just went toe to toe with Ferguson and Hudkins and just beat Egli).    Wild weight.

And 106?  The bottom half of the bracket has no guy with less than 4 losses.  I just posted info this week showing that the average number of losses for a finalist is 1.  Who watched that first round and doesn't think Davis or Mills with 6 losses or DeMien as a #4-seed could upset Triana and sneak through?  I know Cummings is still the favorite overall, but he is far from dominant.  If he gets upset in the top half, we could end up with a very unexpected champ.

Keyuan Murphy not being available really hurt Warren and new castles 106 performance as a whole. He was wrestling at a very high level by the end of the season.

on a related-Warren note, Matt mckinney was 6-0 vs vaughn and ellis this year. Got a tough ss draw, and, with Murphys injury and brogan's ot loss...warren's dreams of a title this year slipped away

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.