SMALL SCHOOLS CAN COMPETE

luv2compete

Kudos to all the staff at middle school state including the officials. Proof that hard work pays off. While on the subject of hard work, I had the pleasure of seeing and talking with many of the great coaches that Indiana has to offer. My hats off to the large schools that can train and educate wrestlers and parents about the great sport of wrestling. I feel that we at small schools may not realize the advantage that we have over larger schools. We do not have to educate as many parents and motivate as many wrestlers as the large schools. We can provide the necessary attention to the young men that really want to train and work to compete at a high level. So to all who love the sport of wrestling as much as I do, please always look at the glass half full and not half empty. See you all at the state high school finals! I am sure this will start an interesting conversation. All your thoughts are welcome.

Papa John ( hobby coach)

As for wrestling, I am still busting my butt to try and get more of the Whiteland Community on board. Most of the community thinks they're a football power house, but I beg to differ and the basketball program is awful. When it comes to wrestling, we tend to have the feeling of a small community. We don't get a big number of wrestlers coming out for the school of our size(except for middle school). There are the pros and cons of this obviously, but it makes it easier for me since I don't get much help in the wrestling room. I've been trying for years to get some dads on board or even trying to find someone else like me(no children of my own in the room) to help out just because I love the sport and want to see kids develop from it. 

You get those kids that are dedicated at those small schools, they can certainly hold their own when it comes to wrestling. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.