All 4 in Same Conference to State?

Y2CJ41

At 126lbs in Fort Wayne all 4 qualifiers were in the same conference....

To add to that all four are underclassmen.....

To add even more the alternate is also from the NHC

And finally..sadly two of the wrestlers won't be at the conference meet next year due to "restructuring"

At conference:

Quarters:

Gunsett (Bellmont) 12-1 Rhodes (Homestead)

Semi's:

Weimer (East Noble) 4-2 Gunsett

Doster (New Haven) 10-1 Raypole (Carroll)

Wrestlebacks

Raypole 11-5 Rhodes

Finals

1st: Doster 7-3 Weimer

3rd: Gunsett 7-2 Raypole

At semi-state:

Quarters

Weimer (East Noble) 4-1 Rhodes (Homestead)

Semi's

Weimer 5-1 Raypole (Carroll)

Doster (New Haven) pin 1:39 Gunsett (Bellmont)

Finals

1st: Weimer 10-4 Doster

3rd: Gunsett 7-0 Raypole

At 126lbs in Fort Wayne all 4 qualifiers were in the same conference...

And finally..sadly two of the wrestlers won't be at the conference meet next year due to "restructuring"[/quote

Too bad those little guys at Norwell and Belmont couldn't just work harder to beat Caroll and Homestead. Personally I saw no need to restructure either.

Edited by buscowrestling

At 126lbs in Fort Wayne all 4 qualifiers were in the same conference...

And finally..sadly two of the wrestlers won't be at the conference meet next year due to "restructuring"[/quote

Too bad those little guys at Norwell and Belmont couldn't just work harder to beat Caroll and Homestead. Personally I saw no need to restructure either.

It wasn't our sport that wanted the end to the NHC, and we are keeping Carroll on our schedule. So maybe before you talk about other schools dodging competition, you should try and strengthen your own schedule. This year alone we wrestled Carroll, Yorktown, Perry Meridian, Bloomington South, Avon, Cathedral, Warren Central, Chesterton, and wrestled at the Al Smith. Our weakest event on our schedule was Team State. Plus also had Penn and Mishawaka on our schedule, but were unable to wrestle them due to weather.

It wasn't our sport that wanted the end to the NHC, and we are keeping Carroll on our schedule. So maybe before you talk about other schools dodging competition, you should try and strengthen your own schedule. This year alone we wrestled Carroll, Yorktown, Perry Meridian, Bloomington South, Avon, Cathedral, Warren Central, Chesterton, and wrestled at the Al Smith. Our weakest event on our schedule was Team State. Plus also had Penn and Mishawaka on our schedule, but were unable to wrestle them due to weather.

You are completely missing the point in what I was saying. My comment had nothing at all to do with Bellmont's strength of schedule, or their program. I actually really respect Bellmont and unless they are wrestling us I am always rooting for the Bellmont kids. My comment was actually comparing the reasons for the end of the NHC, to class wrestling, but it seems like it was a little over your head, so let me simplify it for you.

1. Y2CJ41 is for class wrestling

2. I am against it.

3. By all accounts Carroll and Homestead were kicked out of the NHC because they had become too big/ powerful for the other NHC teams to compete against in all sports. This is similar to the argument for class wrestling.

4. By Y2's comments it seemed that he felt that the NHC kicking Homestead and Carrol out was unneeded. This seemed to be at odds with Y2's stance on class wrestling.

5. I used Norwell and Bellmont as the example because they are the smallest schools in the NHC.

6. I sarcastically said that Bellmont and Norwell should just work harder because that is what Y2 always says to those who argue class wrestling against him. It also works for what I am trying to say because Bellmont has way more NHC titles than Carroll. Ironically wrestling was one of the sports in the NHC that was not dominated by Carroll and Homestead.

So the comment was a sarcastic way to poke a little fun at Y2. The comment had nothing to do with Bellmont other than the fact that they are a smaller school in the NHC.

I have read that something like 10% of the population can't understand sarcasm though so sorry if I confused you.

Since you want to hijack my thread I'll leave you with this

Two of your wrestlers lost to 3rd stringers from Carroll.

Four others lost to 2nd stringers from Carroll

So basically 6 of your kids wouldn't even sniff the starting lineup at Carroll....and yet you think there is no difference between the kids at Carroll and Churubusco......

Since you want to hijack my thread I'll leave you with this

Two of your wrestlers lost to 3rd stringers from Carroll.

Four others lost to 2nd stringers from Carroll

So basically 6 of your kids wouldn't even sniff the starting lineup at Carroll....and yet you think there is no difference between the kids at Carroll and Churubusco......

Ok first off I wasn't trying to hijack anything. I made a quick little joke and you guys freaked out about it. It's really awesome that four NHC guys made it to state at the same weight.

Secondly I don't see the need to take pot shots at my guys. This was the worst team that we had in seven years. Your school has 2500 kids we have 400. It would only make sense that only 2 or 3 of our kids would be varsity at Carroll.

You also gave me one big school that we can't compete with- I know there are plenty of others but you guys are a top ten team in the state, we compete just fine with plenty of big schools. We finished second in the sectional and regional two years ago, and there was one big school that beat us. Congrats you have a great program.

In the end it's not like Carroll kids and Churubusco kids have different DNA you guys just have about 5 times as many kids to choose from so it makes sense that you will have more good kids.

Simmer down kiddos, here is a stat for you....i have 280 (in the school) NO FOOTBALL program to feed off of "0" kids that wrestle outside "THE SEASON" yet i got 1 kid to semi-state an 3 of my kids have wins over ticket rounders or qualifiers...but I CHOSE to coach here and build this program...to think we cant compete as you state with your team is ludicrous to even say about your team!! Heck we dont even have a swim team to grab a guy or two but we still step on the mat and think we can win our match with 4 guys or 14 guys..If you would like to cut your program and its feeders in half and try it out THEN ill let you complain or call your team The Worst team youve had....Until then, work harder, train harder, get better...

Ok first off I wasn't trying to hijack anything. I made a quick little joke and you guys freaked out about it. It's really awesome that four NHC guys made it to state at the same weight.

Secondly I don't see the need to take pot shots at my guys. This was the worst team that we had in seven years. Your school has 2500 kids we have 400. It would only make sense that only 2 or 3 of our kids would be varsity at Carroll.

You also gave me one big school that we can't compete with- I know there are plenty of others but you guys are a top ten team in the state, we compete just fine with plenty of big schools. We finished second in the sectional and regional two years ago, and there was one big school that beat us. Congrats you have a great program.

In the end it's not like Carroll kids and Churubusco kids have different DNA you guys just have about 5 times as many kids to choose from so it makes sense that you will have more good kids.

Even your state championship squad would have at least 5 kids 3rd string or lower on a lesser Carroll team.

Still no reason for class wrestling...Yeah ok.

Let me start by saying 126 was nails at the NHC this year.  I will be sad to longer be a part of the NHC.  There are many great coaches all around.

As far as the Busco/Carroll issues.  I believe Joe is just mad that Sam has much better hair than him. (I am a little jealous myself)  Second the comment about DNA is kinda funny considering they probably draw kids from the exact same mudholes.  Since the schools are like 10 minutes apart.  (Maybe 5 if you drive fast)

Also I would like compliment both schools.  Busco has been producing great wresters for decades for such a small school. (They also produced Loppy)  Carroll has become quite the powerhouse.  (Believe they may need to build another wrestling room)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.