State Predictions and most anticipated matches

X_R A T E D

I think Hudkins is the only 120 from Evansville that's even a favorite in my eyes. I could see Hatch maybe losing but Black and Reitz are at another level and they proved it at SS. I think Egli will have his hands full with three loss Black, which all came from Reitz. But Black has won the last two matches

Reitz has 3 losses as well... all coming from Black!!!!

106 Cummings over Triana

113 Glogouski over Luigs

120 Black over Miller

126 Red over Torres

132 Lee over Bethel

138 Lee over Johnson

145 Covaciu over Lawrence

152 Forte over Berkebile

160 Koontz over Gray

170 Harvey over Lydy

182 Parris over James

195 Fowler over Howard

220 Guerra over Kral

285 Streck over Oglesby

106 Cummings over Triana

113 Glogouski over Luigs

120 Black over Miller

126 Red over Torres

132 Lee over Bethel

138 Lee over Johnson

152 Forte over Berkebile

160 Koontz over Gray

170 Harvey over Lydy

182 Parris over James

195 Fowler over Howard

220 Guerra over Kral

285 Streck over Oglesby

Dang you have a lot of dark horses in the finals

106 Cummings over Triana

113 Glogouski over Luigs

120 Black over Miller

126 Red over Torres

132 Lee over Bethel

138 Lee over Johnson

152 Forte over Berkebile

160 Koontz over Gray

170 Harvey over Lydy

182 Parris over James

195 Fowler over Howard

220 Guerra over Kral

285 Streck over Oglesby

StateChamp87 - Love the Lee double

I was really hoping to see sage coy and nick lee on opposite sides of the brackets. Initially they were, but after the change on sunday there was a flip flop that put them on the same side. Lee probably still wins by 6 or 7 points but this coy kid is a blast to watch. I've heard of the kid for years now and finally got to see him on saturday at semi state. I think he's the second best wrestler in the weight class.

I have not seen Coy wrestle, but I have a suspicion that no one can compete with Lee. I'm predicting tech or fall in every Lee match.

I have not seen Coy wrestle, but I have a suspicion that no one can compete with Lee. I'm predicting tech or fall in every Lee match.

I agree with Lee being the Favorite, but I wouldn't go as far as saying he would Tech Fall Coy... Coy has great defense even when good wrestlers get in deep, he is able to fight them off pretty well... He beat Knapp, whom has wrestled for 3rd at State the last two seasons, and dominated Egolf, who is no push-over himself... I would've liked to see these two in the Finals as well, but we can't always get what we want

not James?

Without Joe's loss to James, I think the Joe Lee vs. Brandon James semi-finals match would be talked about exactly like Nick and Micic from 2014.   I will just say I am sure Joe Lee is glad he has already faced Brandon James and has the video to study, a chance is brother did not get last year.  Is there another guy in the State James would rather not wrestle again after defeating already?  I see a CLOSE match between these two.

Without Joe's loss to James, I think the Joe Lee vs. Brandon James semi-finals match would be talked about exactly like Nick and Micic from 2014.   I will just say I am sure Joe Lee is glad he has already faced Brandon James and has the video to study, a chance is brother did not get last year.  Is there another guy in the State James would rather not wrestle again after defeating already?  I see a CLOSE match between these two.

Match of the weekend in my opinion.

My FTL's in order of confidence:

132-lee

126-red

195-Rypel

152-Forte

160-Hughes

138-James

285-Streck

145-covaciu

106-Cummings

220-woods

113-Pepple

185-James

170-Stevenson

120-Elliot

I would say Stevenson might be a long shot with that knee injury that occurred on Saturday. I don't know the exact injury but he was down and in some pain. I would imagine his chances are much lower now, but he's tough kid after watching him all year. If he pulls off a state championship this weekend, it will certainly be one showing his toughness, pain tolerance and will to win.

I'll be rooting for him to pull it off and take a 2nd title. 

Edited by sslaymon

106- CUMMINGS (LOWELL)

- TRIANA VS DIEP

113- PEPPLE (EAST NOBLE)

- WHITE VS GLOGOUSKI

120- BLACK (HOBART) OR REITZ(GRIFFITH)

-REITZ VS BAILEY

126- RED (NEW PALESTINE)

-RED VS MOLLOY

132- LEE (MATER DEI)

-LEE VS COY

138- JAMES (PERRY MERIDIAN)

-JOHNSON VS CASH

145- COVACIU (MERRILLVILLE)

-COVACIU VS MCCORMICK

152- FORTE(MISHAWAKA)

-FORTE VS KEMPER

160- HUGHES (LOWELL)

-SCHURG VS GRAY

170- LYDY (BEN DAVIS)

-HARVEY VS MOTE

182- OSBORN (PENN)

-OSBORN VS PARRIS

195- RYPEL (INDIANAPOLIS CATHEDRAL)

-RYPEL VS FOWLER

220- WOODS(PENN)

-LARSEN VS KRAL

285- STRECK (MERRILLVILLE)

-STRECK VS OGLEBY

Wondering why a Harvey vs Mote match at 170 intrigues you? A lot of people have Harvey winning it all . Mammolenti  majored Mote Saturday 15-4 . Do you believe Harvey vs Mote will be a good match ? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.