State 4 over 1's and Death Draws

irishfb88

maybe next year the state of Indiana will have the country's #1 & #2 ranked 138 pounders in CJ Red & Nick Lee and they will wrestle each other in the best state finals match in Indiana history...wouldn't that be awesome? does anyone see this as a possibility??

Edited by mathewsz7

At 132 maybe, I believe that is where Red wrestles next year. I think Red is 125 or 133 lb'er in college so I think he will stay around 132 for that reason.

Agreed. Plus, Nick Lee we will likely continue to see him grow and fill up his frame. I don't see those two being any closer in weight class next year.

Agreed. Plus, Nick Lee we will likely continue to see him grow and fill up his frame. I don't see those two being any closer in weight class next

year.

We don't have to wait. Nick will be 58 Kg (127.8 lbs) at FILA in April. Chad should come and get him some.

I'll take a shot with some more fun questions... for you and others.

1. Who has least amount of mat time this weekend?

2.What's you favorite move?

3. Of all the people that will be in Banker's stadium (including fans), whose the last person you would want to step on the mat with?  Not best wrestler, but the baddest dude at the event

4. How many push ups can you do?

5. Last question, I never asked you, Do you like Guacamole?

Fart out

1) CJ Red (have to stick with my call)

2) Lance Ellis's Lateral drop

3) Fabio Jr, unless I see Chris Lytle then I will make sure to send Fabio to get his snow cone so he doesn't get beat down

4) just did 3 and now I have a pulled muscle and am having trouble typing !!!!

5) ABSOLUTLY but I have to use my "Guacamole Dipper Arm Gismo" so I don't miss out on the action !!!

I don't know about "pound for pound" best out of this group of wrestlers, because there are so many talented young men in the field, but I'm sort of thinking that you'd have to throw a few northern boys into the conversation.  Forte, Streck, and Hughes have pretty much been unchallenged.  The Streck kid from Merrillville may be one of the best high school Heavy weights I have ever seen.  He wrestles like a 120 pounder, but he is built like a tank!  Just my thoughts.

Here's my upset alert radar (not saying these will all happen, but definitely a possibility)..

106- DeMien (Northwood) over Schaefer (South Dearborn)

113- None

120- Egli (Mater Dei) over Black (Hobart)  *though I don't see this happening and Black is my State Champ pick.

126- Diaz (Hammond Clark) over Weimer (East Noble)

132- Eldred (Westfield) over Laughlin (SB Riley)

138- McIntosh (Portage) over Moore (Manchester)

145- Schurg (Crown Point) over Herrin (Jennings County)

152- Sturgill (Peru) over VanCamp (Lebanon)

160- Goering (SB Riley) over Goddard (Warren Central) *my most likely 4 over 1 of Friday night.

170- None

182- Kleimola (Lake Central) over Parris (Lawrenceburg)

195- None

220- None

285- Shafer (Rochester) over Swartz (FW Snider)

6 of the 7 listed above... Not bad.

Congrats to Alston Bane for the one I missed and the upset of the night knocking off Cael McCormick

6 of the 7 listed above... Not bad.

Congrats to Alston Bane for the one I missed and the upset of the night knocking off Cael McCormick

Did you pick Egli and Black? Taking credit for picking Egli, but the next statement saying Black will win state? Ok

Did you pick Diaz over Weimer? Weimer won

Did you pick Sturgill over VanCamp? VanCamp won

Did you pick. Kleimola over Parris? Parris won

6/10...not awful

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.