Bracket Fiasco 2015

Y2CJ41

some people are missing the point on the getting a new draw by saying to win you have to beat the best.  There are two problems to this logic.  1. - some kids realistically can't win but they can place with the right draw.   2.  since we crown a team champion from an individual event, teams need to rack up as many points as possible which may mean the difference between losing friday night and placing top 4.   so for anyone saying the draw doesn't matter, just doesn't get it.

as far as changing the brackets - do i have this correct - the brackets were correct saturday night but when the ihsaa started putting them together on Sunday they had a different formula.  rather than going back to the original brackets from saturday night, they just kept going with what they had on sunday?   and we are supposed to believe this?

1.  if the brackets were not supposed to be released saturday night at merrillville then there should be consequences with that situation.

2.  if it was ok to release the brackets, then the IHSAA should have kept it as is.

So, if some "unseemly" parent wanted Little Johnny to excel in wrestling, it seems learning how to hack into systems and change the Track brackets might be a good approach...since the precedent has been set that "hey, look at this Tom..the brackets changed since last night!! Ahhh, let's just go with it now, wouldn't want to change it back..too much work!"

That's ok tho! It's wrestling! You gotta beat everybody anway.

Maybe the guy from last nite that started the Worthy Read thread can look into this avenue!

I would say this bracket Fiasco has effected my son as much as or more than most.

This is the text I sent him this morning.

Today you start to prepare for greatness.  You were in the exact same spot last week

and last year.  You rose to the occasion and people said Wow!  You will do the same

this week.  Move forward, never look back and in the end you will have a story to tell.

As fathers we are called to do more than fix or coddle our young men.  We teach them

that life does not always go your way.  But you always have a choice on how you live it.

What story's will they tell when they are old like us.   Hopefully it will be one that they can

be proud of.  Not one that always went their way. 

Edited by jchas