Who is taking the most to state?

navy80

I think the quality of your schools wrestlers are more important than the quantity . Penn sent more wrestlers to state last year , but I feel better about this year . I would not be suprised to see both Penn's  #3 ranked wrestlers under the lights . 

2 - #1

2- #3

1 - #4

1 - #9

1 - #15

Edited by M109R

Just my opinion but the Irish like last year are loaded with too many Big Guns and are maybe more loaded than last year's group.If they just wrestle within 1 spot of their seeds who beat's them? I think Rypel is as safe a bet as a champ as Bernard was last year, Bailey, Harvey, are favorites if not to win it then certainly a top 3 (which I think they are going to be champs, but it's about all that could keep it close) they could blow away last years team showing with 3 #1's Bailey, Harvey, and Rypel and only 1 loss between the 3 they have to be the team to beat.Now throw in Turner a #1-#3 guy IMO & Melloh and Guhl both capable of placing that's a lot of points for any other teams to match JMO..GO IRISH

#6Turner 113lbs

#1Bailey 120lbs

#7Melloh 132lbs

#1Harvey 170lbs

#1Rypel 195lbs

#15Guhl 220lbs

Edited by Big Bob77

I think the quality of your schools wrestlers are more important than the quantity . Penn sent more wrestlers to state last year , but I feel better about this year . I would not be suprised to see both Penn's  #3 ranked wrestlers under the lights . 

2 - #1

2- #3

1 - #4

1 - #9

1 - #15

Hildebrandt won't get by Konrath in the Semi's, but Mammolenti's bracket will be fun to watch and I'd like to see him win the whole thing...

Yea maybe it's not like he is freshman we have never seen good summers 2x medalist won the Al Smith undefeated at ihswca. But I would to hear who are Paul's best wins that trump everything drew has done this year

I don't personally think it's a matter of whose summers trumps whose.  Konrath won USAW Folkstyle Nationals and Fargo, both at the Cadet level.  Drew has a ton of experience and had a helluva summer at the junior level.  Hope Konrath is at or real close to full strength and I get the opportunity to see the match!  Hoping the TrackCast is working well this weekend and my work schedule cooperates.

Your son (a great wrestler) is a year out of high school and you're still plugging him?!?  C'MON MAN!  :-D

13_LFW_CmonMan_instory.jpg

Wow did my son kick your dog or something dude? (This is my 1st post of the year, so plugging I think not) I simply pointed out the similarities between this group and last year's. Not promoting his college career on here as many other college kids have just pointing out and giving my opinion on why the IRISH will win!!!  GO IRISH

Edited by Big Bob77

Hildebrandt won't get by Konrath in the Semi's, but Mammolenti's bracket will be fun to watch and I'd like to see him win the whole thing...

I think any of the top 3 at #113 can win it ,Pepple, Konrath or Hildebrandt. It will come down to which guy can put the best 4 matches together . 

Just my opinion but the Irish like last year are loaded with too many Big Guns and are maybe more loaded than last year's group.If they just wrestle within 1 spot of their seeds who beat's them? I think Rypel is as safe a bet as a champ as Bernard was last year, Bailey, Harvey, are favorites if not to win it then certainly a top 3 (which I think they are going to be champs, but it's about all that could keep it close) they could blow away last years team showing with 3 #1's Bailey, Harvey, and Rypel and only 1 loss between the 3 they have to be the team to beat.Now throw in Turner a #1-#3 guy IMO & Melloh and Guhl both capable of placing that's a lot of points for any other teams to match JMO..GO IRISH

#6Turner 113lbs

#1Bailey 120lbs

#7Melloh 132lbs

#1Harvey 170lbs

#1Rypel 195lbs

#15Guhl 220lbs

Here's my 2 cents on these guys:

Turner- wrestlers for 7th/8th

Bailey- takes 5th in a brutal bracket

Melloh wrestles Friday night the joins us in the stands

Guhl- wrestles for 7th/8th

Harvey takes 2nd

No one touches Rypel

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.