IHSWCA Regonal Coaches of the Year

dstruck

Congratulations to the following coaches, as voted on by their coaching peers:

Jay County Regional                        - Trent McCormick - Yorktown

Perry Mer.Regional                         - Jim Tonte – Perry Meridian

Rochester Regional                         - Matt Arveson - Triton 

Peru Regional                                       - Andrew King – Oak Hill               

Bloomington S. Regional               - Mike Runyan – Bloomington South

Richmond Regional                        - Mark Kirchgassner-Lawrenceburg

Jeffersonville Regional                 - Eric Burres – New Albany

N. Montgomery Regional             - Kyle Poyer – Hamilton Southeastern

FW Carroll Regional                        - Scott Raypole- Carroll

Goshen Regional                              - Brett Smith – Prairie Heights   

Crown Point Regional                     -Mark Line -  Valparaiso

Castle Regional                                - Greg Schaffer – Evansville Mater Dei

Mooresville Regional                      - Perry Mcovens - Monrovia      

Logansport Regional                       - Scott Van Der Aa - Harrison

Pendleton Hts. Regional                - Brian Seltzer – Lawrence North

Calumet Regional                              - Leroy Vega - Portage  

IHSWCA ASSISTANT COACH OF THE YEAR - Gil Gurptrap - Ben Davis

Great honor for all Triton coaches!  Matt Arveson and Ron Brown both deserve recognition for guiding this year's team to some awesome accomplishments!  And of course Coaches Belin and Thompson!  You guys are all great!  

Edit:  Matt Arveson is the official head coach of the Trojans.  I was mistaken in this post earlier.  My apologies to Coach Arv!

Edited by The Fine Print

Congratulations, "N. Montgomery Regional - Kyle Poyer – Hamilton Southeastern." Since your arrival the program has done a real 360 and has improved each year. While the team will be graduating 5 Sr. starters the future looks very bright. Thanks to you and all your coaches for all your hard work.

Congratulations, "N. Montgomery Regional - Kyle Poyer – Hamilton Southeastern." Since your arrival the program has done a real 360 and has improved each year. While the team will be graduating 5 Sr. starters the future looks very bright. Thanks to you and all your coaches for all your hard work.

If the program did a 360, wouldn't be the same as when he started :)

Sorry, my wife is an English teacher and she is always nitpicking my words.

All joking aside, congrats to the regional coaches of the year.

If the program did a 360, wouldn't be the same as when he started :)

Sorry, my wife is an English teacher and she is always nitpicking my words.

All joking aside, congrats to the regional coaches of the year.

Lol, thanks but I belive 360 is a popular vernacular for a "complete turnaround". But she's the English teacher. :)

Lol, thanks but I belive 360 is a popular vernacular for a "complete turnaround". But she's the English teacher. :)

Coach Poyer does a great job and he is very deserving of this award but coach Gastineau did a great job too. Great with the kids and always had strong teams.

HSE is very lucky to have back to back coaches like Poyer and Gastineau.

Maybe 360 is the right description with "doing a complete 180" being more of a term for completely turning around a program.

Coach Poyer does a great job and he is very deserving of this award but coach Gastineau did a great job too. Great with the kids and always had strong teams.

HSE is very lucky to have back to back coaches like Poyer and Gastineau.

Maybe 360 is the right description with "doing a complete 180" being more of a term for completely turning around a program.

No disrespect towards Coach Gastineau. Being from out of state and new to HSE I'm not 100% familiar with all the previous HSE coaches. I know the school record has improved each year since Coach Poyer arrived. I guess "a complete turnaround" is not the correct term. Maybe I should have said "helped take the program to the next level"? Edited by FASTMarine

Congratulations Coach Tonte however in my opinion Matt Krulik should have gotten the Assistant Coach of the year.  All of your assistant coaches are outstanding.  As for Mooresville Regional Monrovia coaches are doing a great job and have had a great year but I guess Coach Blevins at Avon is just doing what is expected.  Him and his outstanding assistants just keep getting better and better.  You really have to watch what Coach Darrick Snyder and his assistants are doing to the Brownsburg system.  That being said, thank you to all of you Coaches for your dedication and leadership for our little kids.  Keep up the great work Alex Warren and Go Mooresville. 

Coach krulik is a stud. The guy is wrestling 24/7 and works his tail off to help improve an already dominate program!

It's always fun hearing about his free climb stories all over the nation! (And a bit nuts, lol) he's a good friend and an even more fierce Competitor!

Good luck to all teams this weekend and congrats to all coaches voted for these awards!!

Go Giants!

Coach gill

Congrats Gentlemen. And too all assistant coaches who work everyday. A shout out to assistant coach John Campagna,  Harrison West Lafayette. 25 years of coaching. 21 with Benton Central the last 4 with Harrison. A mentor to Brad Harper, an inspiration to the kids he coaches on a daily basis a great friend and tireless worker and defender of the program.In his 4 years at Harrison 4 sectional champions and 3 regional champions. A true quiet leader.

Anytime a coach receives an award like this it's a direct reflection of not only himself but his entire staff and program. Congrats to all and good luck this weekend...unless you wrestle us.

Coach Gill, I'm pretty sure I'm insane. Nothing like climbing cliffs without ropes to develop mental toughness. Congrats buddy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.