What Semi State Produces Most Champs?

In The Bleachers

While I tend to lean toward Sopko beating Schurg, I wouldn't bet on it. If you told me 4 years ago that Scottie Sopko's best showing at the state finals would be his freshman year, I would have disagreed wholeheartedly, but as it stands, a loss in the ticket round to Schurg can make that a reality.  Bad deal for both, Schurg finished 2nd last year and has a chance to not even be at Banker's Life in a week. Two kids I have really enjoyed watching over the past 4 years, it's a shame that one will be left home after Saturday's quarterfinals. 

this seems to be the death draw of all death draws this year......for both of them......two great athletes but only one can move on.....

schurg finally looked like the Schurg of old yesterday. Was ahead of Sopko 8 to 3 (Maybe 10 to 3) when

he pinned him. Then he avenged last week's 10 to 8 loss to undefeated Dodson with a convincing pin

after leading 10 to 0. But then he had the machine (Hughes). He did manage to get the first takedown

but was reversed, ended up losing 7 to 2. I would take Hughes as my number 1 lock. Once he gets on top

you don't get out from the bottom.

I picked Hughes last year though and he underperformed a little bit at the state finals. Very few true "locks"

I don't think he "underperformed"? He got caught in a spladle early in the match, and then won his last two matches to get 5th. I think more like "bad luck" is what cost him a title rather than he didn't do enough and underperformed. I think he's definitely a lock. He's dominated everyone he's wrestled this year Edited by bomber_bob

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.