Ford Center/Evansville Semi-state arena info

markio

Time for my annual "info directly from the Ford Center" post. (copied to another thread as well)

As some of you know, I work at the arena for management and, being an avid wrestling fan, this is my favorite event of the year. Some info for all of those attending.

• Parking and general information about the arena can be found at www.thefordcenter.com
  • Wrestlers can enter the arena at 7:30am for weigh ins. Wrestlers and coaches will enter at the interior ticket office lobby (to the far right of the main lobby doors) to check in and head back. You will pick up your credentials here.
  • The only coolers allowed are for wrestlers and must enter at the check in table through the interior ticket lobby. NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK is allowed inside unfortunately. Not my rules, just standard building policy. 
  • Public doors open at 8:00am CST. Enter on Main Street through the main lobby. We will look to create a separate door/entrance for those that already have tickets.
  • There is NO onsite parking. Please do not have any team vehicles attempt to park in the loading dock or attached outer lot. These are reserved spots.
  • There is no public Wi-Fi. 
  • Tickets are $10 cash at the door. There is an ATM in the lobby if you need to get some cash out.
  • Please do not jump over the dasher walls to access the floor. They try to control access to the floor, so you need to enter from the lower level hallway under section 103. You wouldn't jump the wall at Banker's Life would you? lol
  • The hospitality room for officials, etc. will be in the Corner Club. Enter from the main lobby and hang a right at lower level hallway.
  • If you are going to set up a camera please do not have the cord running across the aisle. You will be made to unplug any cords running across an aisle.
  • We will have full concessions available throughout the day. Coffee and hot chocolate are also available all day as well. (get the bbq pork nachos, huge and awesome)
  • There is no smoking on or in the Ford Center property, this includes e-cigarettes.
  • Brackets will be updated throughout the day and posted on several of the 170 or so TVs located all over the arena. The brackets end up kind of small, but hey, they are everywhere and pretty cool.
  • Lastly,  if you are a wrestler that loses please don't kick,  throw,  or punch Ford Center property. We had a kid break off a door handle last year.  Sent the bill to the school.  

That's all I have for now. Please let me know if you have any questions. And if you see a good looking guy with a radio and Ford Center shirt running around all day, say hi.

Per IHSAA website the wrestling starts at 9am.  Surely us fans can get in The Ford Center before wrestling starts!

Question: how long are the breaks between rounds, and does The Ford Center ever get cleared (I noticed that tickets for finals only are $7 and $10 for all sessions)?

Per IHSAA website the wrestling starts at 9am.  Surely us fans can get in The Ford Center before wrestling starts!

Question: how long are the breaks between rounds, and does The Ford Center ever get cleared (I noticed that tickets for finals only are $7 and $10 for all sessions)?

Fixed it. We do not clear the arena between rounds. Not sure how long the breaks are, but I think the one before the finals is at least 30 minutes.

There is a huge parking spot one block east I believe, just follow the other busses.

check out the preview for places to eat!!!

Any Mater Dei guys can confirm if Stoll's Country Inn will be offering a wrestling discount again? If so I recommend there after the match, great food.

There is a huge parking spot one block east I believe, just follow the other busses.

check out the preview for places to eat!!!

Any Mater Dei guys can confirm if Stoll's Country Inn will be offering a wrestling discount again? If so I recommend there after the match, great food.

CALL 812-867-7730 TO BOOK YOUR SPOT! TELL THEM YOU SAW IT ON INDIANAMAT! ANYONE MENTIONING THIS POST WILL RECEIVE THE DISCOUNT.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.