2003 Individual State Championships

BrennanFan

It's highly unlikely that a school as small or smaller will ever produce another state champ. Pribble was pretty special

Not sure of the attendance #'s at either but Chase Akers from North Posey in '93 was pretty small (grown since then).  I know at the time that he was the 1st athlete to make it to a state tournament for the school in any sport.

It's highly unlikely that a school as small or smaller will ever produce another state champ. Pribble was pretty special

Absolutely.  Within five years Turkey Run won't exist.  They've already consolidated with Rockville's district to become North Central Parke Community Schools.  

I was in the stands as Ryan ran past us after his match to go hug his mom in the stands.  It was a really cool experience.

Part 2 has the infamous Blake Maurer vs. Alex Dolly match that some call the best match in Indiana High School wrestling history. 

I forgot how close Maurer came to getting those 2 takedowns.  The one in overtime is usually not called in high school, but may have been given with some officials and probably would have been given in college.  It was ultra close.

I forgot how close Maurer came to getting those 2 takedowns.  The one in overtime is usually not called in high school, but may have been given with some officials and probably would have been given in college.  It was ultra close.

I'd have to agree with you.   super close ...i'd probably call it a takedown but could go either way.

I still have no clue how Blake held on for the first part of double OT totaly amazing! Awesome match, as I remember there was quite a bit of banter on the ol' message bord that year before this match.

He was on his back and managed to arch back into top position. Amazing!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.