Team Rankings: IndianaMat 1A Dual Ranking

Y2CJ41

Oak Hill will be 1A when it comes to the calculations for next years IHSWCA Team Event, so we felt it made sense to keep the team rankings consistent with the numbers that maligned will be using come sectional time.

This is a very unofficial assumption that people should take with a large grain of salt until classifications are announced.  IF no adjustments are made to the sectional entry list before January 20 (there are often last-minute changes) and IF it doesn't seem like the biannual enrollment data update is coming out in a timely manner, then yes they would be 1A.

What am I supposed to look at? We don't even have the same line up, but, I'm sure you're way out of our league any way. These rankings are pointless, because they're not used. Also, I don't understand the point of putting us at 1A, if you don't even know if we'll be there. It's like a broken record, every year. Then when it gets closer, oops, you're 2A, but not good enough. So, just stop.

What am I supposed to look at? We don't even have the same line up, but, I'm sure you're way out of our league any way. These rankings are pointless, because they're not used. Also, I don't understand the point of putting us at 1A, if you don't even know if we'll be there. It's like a broken record, every year. Then when it gets closer, oops, you're 2A, but not good enough. So, just stop.

Your problem shouldn't be with the rankings or the person who puts together these rankings because they are very accurate.  Your gripe is with the process by which teams are selected for the team state tournament, two very different entities.  

These rankings are pointless, but you are complaining about them.

I have a list of teams that are 3A, 2A, 1A for the upcoming state tournament.

My job is to rank the best ten teams on each of those lists. Sorry you don't like it.

So you would rather me just put you in IHSWCA purgatory and not rank you in either?

It's simple: I take the number of teams for this year, divide by three, toss EMD up to 3A, even everything out, and then rank the top 10 in each. It has nothing to do with my feelings about the system or how I feel about Oak Hill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.