Doug Welch

Dingo Brigade

Some hearty congratulations are due to this Castle stud for pulling off what has to be the biggest upset of the D1 season. The Boilermaker has been turning it on lately, but his 5-4 TB win over #2 James Green was nothing less than spectacular, and has to be the best win by a Purdue or IU wrestler in recent memory. Great job, and I hope this is a springboard to a strong finish to his season.

Crazy. James Green is an animal. i don't follow Purdue Wrestling much at all, but does anyone know if he has any other quality wins this season?

I don't know about individual results but he did just place seventh at Midlands.

Lost a tough match to Josh Demas 3-2 early in the season. Beat Jarret Jensen and a game Brandon Zeerip. He's doing great IMO but at this point I'd say AA is a stretch. He's lost to #11 Lavallee and #14 Cody Pack already this year. That low AA territory is jammed with guys like Realbuto, Dylan Alton, Mitch Minotti, Isaiah Martinez etc. 

But!!! (I forgot to add this) the win over Green shows he can put it together against anyone. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.